66 - Blades

"You gonna be careful?" Newt asked before he handed me my run vest.

"Yep," I replied, snapping the vest out of his hands. "Don't worry."

"Okay then." Newt and I started walking toward the Doors which were starting to open. Just then Minho and Thomas arrived.

"Ready?" Minho sighed. "Let's go."

"Be careful!" Newt screamed when we were a few feet away.

"Don't die!" Minho added.

We ran for about an hour, until Minho stopped. "That's strange."

"What?" Thomas and I asked in unison.

"Seven is not supposed to be open for another week." Minho started walking into the open area where the walls weren't that close to each other anymore.

"What the hell is this place?" Thomas gasped when we came past some weird brown walls, all surrounding the area.

"We call them Blades," Minho explained without too much detail. I looked around with wide eyes as we jogged further, but then the two boys stopped again.

Something lay on the ground. A supposed to be white, but now soaked red shirt. Blood.

Minho took the shirt and held it in front of his face.
"It's Ben's, isn't it?" Thomas realized.

"Yeah. A Griever must have pulled him down here." Minho dropped the shirt and got up again. Disgusted and even a bit afraid I stared at the shirt. The Grievers were horrible!

Suddenly a beeping noise drew my attention. It came out of Minho's vest.

"Woah, hey!" Minho muttered when Thomas pulled it out of there. It was the device that came out of the Griever.

Thomas frowned and took a few steps, the beeping getting louder and faster at every step.

"I think it's showing us the way," Thomas mumbled. "Come on."

We walked through the place. Whenever the beeping got quieter, we went the other way and soon we arrived in front of a big passage.

"Careful," Minho warned when we went in. It was some sort of cliff.. a stone bridge leading us toward a wall.

"Minho, you ever seen this place before?" Thomas asked.

"No." We stopped in front of the wall, Minho touching it. "It's just another dead end."

But when the red light on the device turned green and the beeping stopped, my breathing hitched. The door in front of us slid up, followed by two more.

"Are you sure about this?" Minho lowered his voice.

"Nope." Thomas sighed.

Minho's hand trailed over the last door, which was some sort of round gap. "Grievers."

When suddenly a red line scanned our body, we backed up.

"What the hell was that?" I mumbled.

The ground started to shake and the doors started to slide back down, causing me to panic a bit.

"We gotta get out of here," Thomas ordered, already taking steps back.

"Give me the key, give me the key!" Minho worried. Thomas threw the key, which Minho perfectly caught.

"Run!" We got out of the cliff right before the doors closed, but then the Blades started to move toward each other too, closing.

Sabotage the boys so they get trapped.