8 - Anger

"Jane." Someone shook my body, causing me to throw my hands in the air as defense. "Bloody hell!"

My eyes opened, immediately staring right into Newt's beaut- Newt's brown ones. "Sorry. Bad reflex." I laughed but soon stopped once I realized what happened the other day. It was horrible. Most likely also the reason I hit Newt in the face. I thought he was someone else.

Newt's frown softened. "Come on, we'll get you breakfast." He smiled lightly as he pulled me out of his bed.

"Can I put on some clean clothes first?" I carefully questioned Newt.

"Of course. I'll go with you."
I face Newt a glance and furrowed my face at what he said.
"To keep watch on your door." Newt quickly added, his cheeks turning red.

"Okay." I chuckled. "Thanks."

We walked over to my hut. Fast I put on one of the pants Minho gave me and his shirt. I was starting to like the boy more and more, but we still weren't friends.

"Let's go." Newt's eyes lit up once he saw me come out of my hut nice and clean. Together we walked over to the kitchen and waited in line.

Some boys turned around, gave me long glances, and started whispering and smirking. My stomach clenched together, making me realize something was off. Newt grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. My cheeks turned red at his protection and butterflies flew in my stomach, but I still didn't feel very comfortable.

"Hey, Greenie." Frypan grinned and gave me a wink before handing me my plate. I frowned but thanked him for the food anyways. Newt and I sat down and not even a minute later, Chuck joined us. The boy had the biggest grin on his face I had ever seen, but his face was also red. He seemed excited about something.

"Jane!" Chuck breathed out. "Oh my gosh!"

"What?" I asked. Everyone was making me more nervous by the second. Why the hell were they grinning, winking, and whispering?

"You kissed Minho!"

"She did what?" Newt raised his voice, almost dropping his fork.

"I did what?" I asked at the same time.

"Now I get you weren't next to me last night! You kissed and shucked Minho!" Chuck blurted out.

Shocked I stared at Chuck. None of the things he said were true. "And who told you that? It's not true!"

"The man himself! Minho!" Chuck replied.

My eyes opened wide and my mouth fell open. Newt choked on his food, his whole face turning red. "He said that?"

"Mhm. Yesterday we were all sitting in the Homestead when suddenly Winston walked in. Winston told us he saw you and Minho kissing behind the Homestead last night. When we all turned to Minho, he said it was true."
Chuck explained.
"And then Ben added he saw you wearing Minho's clothes and that you walked into the showers together. Again, we asked Minho if it was true, and he said it was. Oh yeah, and Winston said he saw you and Minho in a very intense position with your hands and stuff last night, which Minho also said was correct! He told us exactly how he kissed you with a whole story!"

"And that was a joke right?" I managed to ask. There was no way Chuck was telling the truth or that Minho was serious. It wasn't even true! I felt embarrassed.

"No, of course it wasn't! You were there yourself. Minho said it was true. And I believe Winston for seeing you behind the Homestead!"

"I did not kiss Minho!" I yelled a little too loud. "Where is that idiot?!"