25 - Caught In The Middle

Jane's POV

After I told Newt everything he needed to know, I walked over to Chuck, who sat against our usual tree. His eyes lit up once I sat down next to him.

"Jane!"

"Hey, Chuckie." I smiled.

Chuck sighed, though the smile on his face stayed. "Today was so boring without you! You really gotta come back earlier, I don't think I can handle another day together with Newt."

"Newt? Did you have to work with him?" I wondered.

"Alby said I had to." Chuck shrugged. "So we were working in the gardens, and Newt just wouldn't shut up. Every time I tried to tell him something about a prank or something that happened earlier, he kept saying Minho, Jane, together, blah, blah, blah. He never stopped!"

"A little more specific on what he said, please?" I was quite curious about the things Newt said.

"I don't know, too much to remember. Mostly things about what could happen to you guys, the way Minho could treat you, if you would come out safely, and that Minho might kiss you."

"Kiss?" I screamed out. "Why the shuck would Minho kiss me?"

Chuck started blushing. "Ooh, I don't know." He leaned in, his eyes turning bigger in excitement. "Maybe because he likes you?"

"He hates me, and I hate him."

Lie. I didn't hate Minho. Thought I didn't like him the most either. He could be funny, but snappy. He could be nice, but also mean. Though he was quite attractive..

"And why would Newt even say all that stuff? He knows Minho and I hate each other." I mumbled.

"Because he's jealous, duh! He likes you too." Chuck explained. "Newt and Minho both! That's why we all bet."

I threw my head back in frustration. "Neither of them like me in that way, Chuck. I don't want them to."

"Which one of them do you like the most?" Chuck blurted out. I gave him an offended glance. "Who's the most handsome?"

Good question, Chuck. Maybe both of them? I don't know. I shouldn't be thinking like this! We only met for a few days!

"Neither of them." I simply replied.

"Aah, come on!" Chuck sighed. "I want to hear it from you!"

"I don't find them attractive at all."

Especially not when Minho crosses his arms, or Newt pulls his shirt off.. that looked so-

"There Newt is." Chuck motioned at the blonde who walked over to us. Immediately I tensed up, my hands got sweaty, and my cheeks started blushing.

"The power is here again," Newt explained once he stood in front of us. "So the showers do it." He turned to me. "Just saying. Let me know if you want anyone to keep watch!" Then he turned around and walked away again.

"I think I will take a shower then." I decided before getting up. "See ya, Chuck!"

"Hey! Don't you need someone to keep watch? Or are you secretly going to Newt's hut?" Chuck yelled, but I ignored him and kept walking towards the showers, not Newt's hut.

Just when I got into the hut, someone else walked out of a shower. My eyes opened wide, my whole face turned red, and my breathing got taken away for a second when I saw a shirtless Minho standing in front of me. A white towel was wrapped around his waist, luckily, and his hair dripping wet, but it still looked nice. I couldn't help myself to stare at his torso. The biceps on his arms were more visible than ever, a six-pack was forming on his stomach, like he was training on it, and the veins on his arms were clearly visible.