32 - The Boys ✭

Minho's POV

The heartbreaking feminine scream immediately caught all my attention, so I rushed toward Jane and Chuck their hut. More yells, cries, and winces in pain followed. Confused and worried as never before, I slammed the door open. Not even a second after I arrived, Newt stood next to me.

We both froze in our place. Chuck sat on the ground, a crying Jane in his arms. Her body made movements in pain as she balled her fists. The poor Chuck had tears in his eyes when he looked at us. "Help!" He cried out.

Jane kept whimpering and sometimes screaming, her movements didn't stop either, but her eyes were closed. It looked awful to see her like it. Painful.

When Newt bent down next to Chuck, I quickly followed his example. "What happened?" Newt breathed.

"I don't know." Chuck sniffed. "We were about to go to sleep, but Jane said she started to feel dizzy and unwell. Then she dropped down on the floor like this."

Newt told Chuck some things, but I only looked at Jane. "Newt!" My eyes opened wide when I saw blood dripping from her ear.

Newt's breathing hitched. "We need the Med-Jacks."

I nodded and pulled Jane out of Chuck's arms, who was still crying. I carried her toward the Med-Hut, running. She resisted and kept kicking, so it was harder for me to get there, once I did, I got even more nervous.

Luckily Clint was in the Med Hut. "What is it?" He stared at the screaming Jane in my arms.

"I don't know!" I panicked. "But she's bleeding!"

"Lie her down," Clint ordered. Not a long time after I did, Newt got into the Med Hut.

"Is she stung?" Newt asked.

Newt's question made me freeze for a second. What if she was stung? There must've been a reason she was screaming like that. And she was in pain. Was it the Changing?

Clint hesitated. "I don't see any injuries.." he trailed off. I knew what he was thinking about. If Jane was stung, which I doubted, then there would be a chance we would have to lift her shirt to see it. I knew we weren't going to do that.

"There's no blood except for her ears," Newt mumbled. "I hope that's good."

Jane's screams turned softer, but her face was paler than ever. Sweat damped on her face, her lips were less colorless, and her winces made me feel bad.

"Anyone know what's happening?" Newt and I looked at Clint, who shrugged.

"Just wait until she wakes up."

~

Newt's POV

Jane winced, cried, and even screamed sometimes. After Jeff told us to wait until Jane woke up, Minho and I both stayed. Neither of us said anything. We just watched Jane.

It really looked like she was stung, though her veins weren't black and she looked just as pretty as always, but her skin was paler.

I was very worried about her and felt bad for the poor Chuck. He had to watch his best friend just drop onto the floor, screaming.

While Minho sat down far away from the bed, for some reason, I put a chair right next to Jane. Minho watched us closely, but didn't say anything. Once I noticed Jane balling her fists in pain again, I carefully grabbed her hand. She squeezed it, hard. She must've been in a lot of pain, since it felt like she almost broke my hand.

Her eyes squeezed even tighter shut and her lips formed a thin line, pressing together. Then she let out a loud wince before turning quiet again.