34 - The Spy

Still locked up in my own.. memories, I sat on a bed. Next to me were Newt and Minho, and on the floor sat Alby. I didn't know how old I was but by the looks of the others we were around twelve years old. None of us spoke, like something happened earlier.

Minho cleared his throat, which caused my younger self to give him a dirty glance for some reason. Minho glanced back just as mean, but then talked. "Isn't this nice?"

Definitely a Minho comment, I said in my head. "Shut up." My mouth spoke automatically. I got surprised by my snappiness.

"It wasn't my fault!" Minho held his hands in the air.

"Put those sweaty armpits of yours down!" I ordered.

"Here we go again," Alby mumbled under his breath. What again? I wondered, still in my thoughts.

"And it was your fault!"

"No, it wasn't!"

"Can y'all bloody tell us what's going on?" Newt questioned. His accent was the same, but his voice was younger. Less hot, also.

"He let us get caught!"

"That was you!"

"Caught by what?" Alby wondered out loud.

"By shucking." Minho grinned.

My younger self gasped. "Not by shucking! We were climbing through the vents and he made lots of noise! We weren't doing anything like shucking!"

"I can't control my gas!"

I burst out of laughing on the inside, but the twelve-year-old me was very pissed. "I lost my smell sense!"

"Drama queen." Minho rolled his eyes. "You gonna call me Minho the fart now? 'Cause you can't. There's already another boy. Zart the-."

I interrupted Minho by pushing him off the bed. "It was your fault I had to get those stupid syringes to calm me down again!"

"Woah!" Minho crawled onto his feet. "If you go act crazy like this, then I get they calmed you down!"

"Jane," Newt spoke. "Let's go to your room for a bit, alright?"

I resisted, but Newt forced me to go with him before I would kill Minho. "He's annoying."

"He likes you." Newt corrected. His cheeks turned red for some reason.

"I suppose friends like each other, yes. Though it doesn't always seem like he does!" I replied while Newt pushed me into a room.

"They're gonna hear you if you don't talk quietly. I don't want to be caught either." Newt whisper-yelled.

"But you don't fart."

"Who said that?"

I crossed my arms. "Now I disgust you too." 

Newt chuckled. "What I meant to say with Minho likes you was.. he likes likes you."

"Likes likes likes likes likes..." I mumbled. "How many kinds of likes likes are there?"

Newt sighed. "You're in this mood again?"

"I don't care that Minho likes likes me." I sat down on a bed, which I suppose was mine.

"So you don't like Minho back?" Newt sat down next to me.

"Not in the likes likes way." I frowned. "A friend.. sometimes."