16 - WICKED ✭

A/N: There will be some chapters of WICKED's POV! These are written in 3rd person.

~

"It's not working!" Janson frustratedly slammed his notebook down on the gathering table. His colleagues looked at him, desperately, until the only kid in the room raised her hand.

"Yes, Teresa?" Janson groaned. He didn't expect much from the girl, though he honestly liked her better than her partner.

"What if we send another spy?" Teresa suggested.

"We don't have anyone left except for you and Thomas," Janson replied. "Anyone else?"

But Teresa wasn't done yet. "One of us would be able to do it and maybe even convince Jane to do better."

"We can just make the consequences worse." Another man said. Teresa glanced at him.

Janson looked up, seeming to consider what to do for a second. "Or both." He mumbled before looking at the others again. "Teresa, leave the room please."

The girl seemed disappointed but obeyed and walked away. Janson turned to his colleagues again. "We change our plans. Teresa will go into the maze, but not as a spy and she won't remember anything. Thomas will go too. Let him work with A10. Spies."

"Is Thomas ready to do that?" Someone asked.

Janson seemed thoughtful. "Yes. If we make the consequences good enough and give them the right memories, it will work."

"And what about A5? A1 and A10 both have a good bond with him. It will be hard for them to complete the mission."

"Exactly. That's what will make their brain patterns work." Janson nodded. "Get Thomas ready. He will be sent in a while."

Someone nodded and rushed out of the room.

"What if we don't succeed?"

"Then one of us will do it."