63 - Griever Pancake

Thomas, Newt, Minho, and I walked into the Med Hut, on our way to take a look at the girl to see if she had woken up, because Jeff lay her down on one of the beds.

"Jeff, what's going on?" Newt sighed. "What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up?"

Newt caring about the girl so much, made me shrink. Don't be so lame now, Jane! He's just kind.

"Hey man, I got my job the same way you did." Jeff shrugged.

I stared at the sleeping girl, a few freckles covering her face and her perfectly curved body. Mine wasn't curved like that at all. My body was more athletic, less 'girly'. I had muscles that were visible when I tightened them, and didn't have such curved parts, but she had this perfect waist.. and also her face was so pretty! She was beautiful.

I sniffed and focused on the boys their conversation, trying not to compare the girl to myself anymore, which was pretty hard.

So that's what it feels like to be jealous. Now I get Minho and Newt.

"Do you recognize her?" Newt asked when he noticed Thomas staring at the girl, rubbing his chin.

"No." Thomas shook his head.

"Really?" Newt slightly raised his voice. "Because she seemed to recognize you."

"What about the note?" Thomas suggested, changing the subject, which I found quite suspicious.

"We'll worry about the note later." Newt decided.

"I think you should worry about it now," I replied. "We'll run out of food."

"She's right, Newt." Jeff agreed. "If the Box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last?"

Newt scoffed. "No one said that."

It was on the note, you idiot.

"Let's not jump to any conclusions." Newt sighed. "We'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows. Somebody has gotta have some answers around here."

"Okay." Thomas nodded and rushed away.

"Where are you going?" Newt yelled.

"Back into the maze!"

Newt gave Minho a nod, so the Runner followed and I was about to do too, but Newt grabbed my arm and shook his head.

"It's getting late," Newt said.

"Go tuck Chuck in then." I pulled away from his grip and walked away, quite proud of my comeback.

Once I arrived outside, I noticed Minho walking away from Thomas, so I jogged toward the boy. "And? Are we going?"

"Minho said he'll meet me in the Map Room in half an hour," Thomas replied, lowering his voice a bit.

"Alright."

~

"Will this be enough?" Minho and some other Keepers appeared next to Thomas and me.

"Hey, what are you doing here, Jane?" Minho frowned. "I thought Newt-."

"Newt is tucking Chuck in." I interrupted. "But we better hurry."

"Okay. Let's go." Thomas nodded and we started running toward the place Thomas killed a Griever. I never even asked how he killed one, but guessed I would find out soon.

"Right here." We stopped in front of a wall with a gap in it. The metal legs of a Griever stuck out, slime was all over the ground, and it looked quite disgusting. It was squeezed in between the walls, I realized.