52 - Dreams.. Hopefully

Before I left into the maze, I sneaked into the Med Hut. The consequence could never happen. To my luck, neither of the Med-Jacks was there. They weren't even awake yet, it was such an early hour that only the Runners and a crazy kid like Chuck, who missed the opportunity to sleep in, were awake.

Quietly I opened a drawer and grabbed one single band-aid out of there and put it in my pocket. Satisfied I walked out of the Med Hut again. The task was done. They never said how much I was supposed to steal, so one band-aid was fine, right? I thought, at least..

The minute after I walked out of the Med Hut, I felt my legs get weak, and sadly not because I saw Newt or Minho shirtless.

I succeeded the task! I argued in my mind.

Not well enough. Think straight. You're a spy. You're not supposed to steal just one single band-aid.

Then you should've been more shucking specific!
I was angry. Angry for them literally trapping me.

Go to your hut, now.

I sighed and just obeyed, my legs getting heavier by the second, as I walked through peanut butter. What are you doing to me?

Be lucky we won't give you the consequence.

Are you getting an attitude now too? I scoffed.

The voice ignored my comment. Lie down, it ordered when I arrived in the hut. But before I could even get comfortable in the bed, I fell into a black abyss.

~

I felt everything around me. The smell, everything I touched, temperature, sight.. it was all there. It must be real, I realized. It had to be.

Just then I noticed where I was. The maze. It was dark. Night. A cold breeze blew my hair away, leaving me shivering.

"No one's ever survived in the maze." An unfamiliar voice echoed through the walls.

Well, crap, I thought as I spun around, searching for whoever spoke.

"I'm here." The voice spoke annoyingly long.

I twisted and turned, but never found the woman speaking. Her voice was unrealistic. Robotic. I felt the fear form in me. The fear of knowing something was about to happen.

"Come and get me." She giggled.

I started walking, speeding up my pace every second. The further I went into the cold, dark maze, the scarier it was. It made me afraid.

"Boo!" A white, cloud of steam flew past me. Confused I stared at it, thinking about how weird everything was.

"You better start running, Jane.." She said my name so unnecessarily long, that I balled my fist in anger. "He's right there, Jane. Around the corner, Jane."

"Stop saying my name!" I yelled to the strange voice.

"I'm sorry, spy. But if you're not going to run, let's take a look, spy. He's around the corner.. waiting for you, spy."

"Stop calling me that!" I hated the word spy. It was stupid and awful. This whole thing was scary.

"Around the corner..."