47 - Awful And Afraid

My eyes shot right open without getting used to anything. My mind was still spinning like crazy, so even though I was unconscious, my mind didn't stop.

Am I in the Map Room with Minho? Or did he bring me to the Med Hut after I fainted again? He must've done something to help me, right?

A familiar pair of dark eyes appeared above me, blinking a few times.

"Damn, Shebean."

I sat straight up and looked around. I was in the Med Hut, sitting on one of the beds. Newt and Minho sat next to me, both their expressions unreadable. Chuck stood next to Newt, holding hands.

So Minho did bring me to the Med Hut after I fainted, I realized.

"Jesus Christ, were you possessed or something?" Minho blurted out.

"Seemed like it," Chuck added. "Newt, how aren't you afraid?"

"It was the creators."

"The only thing I see is Jane, no creator." Minho simply said.

"That's not what I meant, slinthead."

"Don't go on me!"

"What was going on in your mind, Janey?" Chuck frowned.

"You looked like Gally!"

"Not with eyebrows like that, though." Chuck corrected.

"No, but seriously." Minho lowered his voice. "What was that?"

"The hell were you thinking?" Chuck yelled out.

"What he said." Minho pointed at Chuck. "Well?"

"What was what?" A shiver went down my spine at the things the boys said. What the hell were they talking about?

Their faces dropped. Newt frowned deeply, Chuck's mouth fell open, and Minho just stared at me.

"You don't remember?" Chuck gasped.

"Remember what?" I asked. Something was going on, yet I didn't know what, but by the faces of the boys, it wasn't good. A dark feeling formed in my stomach.

"You almost threw a knife in Newt's chest!" Chuck blurted out right before Newt slammed his hand on Chuck's mouth.

"Not so fast, bloody hell!" He whisper-screamed.

Chuck frowned and seemed to lick Newt's hand because the boy immediately let go with a small ew. "Hmm." Chuck licked his lips.
"Tastes like.. soap."

"How do you know what soap tastes like?" Minho turned to Chuck, who shrugged.

"That's a story for later." He mysteriously replied.

I tried to kill Newt. Again! How could I let that happen? Why can't I remember it? How can he still like me after this? How dare he come so close to me and not be afraid? He can't trust me! I'm a shuck spy!

My eyes got a bit watery, but quickly I blinked the tears away. I couldn't cry in front of them. I already did that enough in three weeks.

"Why would you eat soap, Chuck?" Minho sighed as my thoughts drifted off, not focusing on whatever the others were saying.

"I didn't eat it!"

"Drank?"

God, how can I be so stupid? How come this happened? Why can't I shucking remember?

The tears prick in my eyes as I tried so badly to stop them. Lame, lame, lame. I'm not the one that's supposed to be crying. No one should be crying anyways! I could have prevented this!