18 - The Boys ✭

A/N: Here are Minho and Newt their POV's so we can all understand everything a little better, like how they feel about some stuff! All the chapters written in someone else their POV have a star.

~

Minho's POV

I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe Jane was a Runner. It meant two things to me. One, I had to work with her all day, which meant we would bicker and fight the whole time. Two, I had to work with her all day!

Though I'd rather not admit it, I hated to go into the maze every day since Jane showed up. She got to be with Newt all day, which she seemed to love. I didn't get why, but something about that made me jealous, but we were still enemies. I didn't get any shucking thing!

But now I finally got the opportunity to work with her and Newt couldn't anymore! Sorry Newt.

Something about Jane was different. Yeah, she's a girl, but that's not it. Though we fight all the time, I still like to be close to her. It's like we had a bond before the Glade, but we just couldn't remember. But instead of treating her nicely, I acted stupid. I couldn't tell them I thought Jane was nice!

After the gathering, I noticed Jane, Chuck, and Newt sitting at a table, so decided to join them, but before I did, I caught a glimpse of their conversation.

Jane!" Chuck snapped his finger in front of Jane's face. She looked up, seeming unsure, but then turned to Chuck. "Are you gonna listen or keep looking at Newt's chest while you're literally drooling out of your mouth!"

I clenched my jaw. Of course she was looking at Newt.

Jane's face turned a deep red, which made me know she was lying. "I wasn't- I was not looking at Newt. And especially not drooling. Never!"

Chuck raised his eyebrows, but turned to Newt again, who had a grin on his face.

Get that grin off your shucking face, Newt. And go dry your hair!

"Your hair looks nice like that," Jane told Newt.

What? How can she like his hair better than mine? It's literally like he's a drowning cat! I spend a long time fixing my hair, how come she calls me 'hair gel freak' and Newt nice?

I really had to stop being so jealous. I didn't even have a reason. I was supposed to hate Jane and she hated me for sure. That's how it was.

"Well, thanks." Newt gave Jane a small smile.

Madly I crossed my arms and walked over to the trio, enough of their stupid conversation. Jane stared at my arms for some reason I didn't get. Was something wrong with them? Did someone put something on my arms? Why was she staring?

'Congrats, Shebean." I said without showing any of my emotions. Jane gave me a small nod, but didn't take her eyes off my arms yet as I sat down.

After a while, Jane finally stopped looking. "So when will the Box come up again?"

"It comes up once a month with new supplies and a Greenie. Didn't we explain?" Newt said.

"I guess you didn't." Jane sighed.

Chuck started talking about his adventures of today, but I didn't bother to hear them. I looked at Jane instead. Secretly, of course. It wasn't like I was in love with her, but something about us and our relationship was off.