46 - The Task

"I told you she's not ready for this job!" Janson leaned against the table, his familiar pose. He looked around the room, breathing heavily out of anger.

"She can do it." The blonde woman dressed in white said as she walked toward Janson. "She just needs a little help."

"A2?" Janson suggested.

The woman shook her head. "Our help."

"What do we do about this?" Another man in the room asked, focusing on the word 'we'.

One corner of the woman's lip moved up, and a small grin formed on her face. "Get the devices."

A small woman with thick glasses nodded and rushed out of the room.

Someone rose their hand, ready to ask a question. "How?" Was the only thing they asked.

"Make her forget." The blonde decided.

"Will we be able to turn it back?"

"If we want to we could, but I'd like to see how the boys react to this and what they will do. They can stop it too." The woman explained.

"And what exactly does she forget? Everything?"

"No." She chuckled evilly. "Just him." She made a long pause, looking every person in the room in the eye. "Maybe add some others too. Do something with A7, so he can't ruin it."

"A4 too? He has a lot of effect on her."

"No. Just make her forget about A5. Don't let her forget A7. Just give her the wrong memories. It will affect her enough to push A4 to the side for a bit. He won't be a problem and A7 won't be one either."

And then dozens of memories overspilled my mind. My head hurt like something got taken away from it as I watched myself in the Glade, rolling over the ground with Minho, him turning on the bomb in the maze, him attacking me at night, him lying.. he was bad.

~

"There she is." Someone breathed when my eyes opened. At first, my vision was blurry and the voice seemed from far away, but then everything was normal, except for my head. It hurt. It hurt like a part of it got taken away. A part of my mind.

In a panic, I shot straight up. I didn't know what happened, but it wasn't good.

"Calm down there, Shebean. You're gonna pass out again."

I turned my head just to stare right into a pair of familiar eyes. Minho. Then I looked around. I was still in the Map Room, sitting on the floor with Minho's arms wrapped around me.

"You okay there?" Minho tilted his head.

"Minho." I realized, the memories of the things he did to me coming back. Immediately I slid out of his arms, afraid he would do something. He tried to kill me in the maze, jumped me in the woods at night, we fought, and assaulted me. It was him.

"That's my name." Minho simply replied.

I stumbled onto my feet and grabbed a knife of mine off the table, pointing it at Minho.

"Wha- Jane what are you.." Minho trailed off, staring at the knife with wide eyes, shock washing over his face.

My hands were shaking and sweaty, so I had to tighten my grip on the knife so it wouldn't fall out of my hands. I had to defend myself from Minho and whatever he was doing to me alone in the Map Room.

Minho got up too and wanted to walk closer to me, holding his hand out to grab the knife.

"Don't come closer." I quietly threatened.