54 - Arguing

Jane's POV

After what felt like hours, I stopped falling and my eyes opened wider than before, looking into a dark room. Confused, but frightened that I was still trapped in the realistic nightmare, I searched around.

Tears were in my eyes at the thought of what happened. I knew it must've been a dream. It was so unreal, yet so realistic. But no one could disappear in smoke like that, or change into Dave.

When my eyes got used to the dark, I could take a look around. Three figures sat next to my bed, who I recognized as Minho, Newt, and Chuck. Chuck sat on Newt's lap, mouth half open, and head leaning on Newt's shoulder. Newt's arms were wrapped around Chuck, looking quite cute sleeping. My heart melted at the sight of the two, but suddenly, a voice spoke.

"Jane?" It was Minho. A bit shocked because he scared me for a second there, I turned to him. "You're awake."

"Actually I'm still asleep." I joked through my pain, hoping to hide it well enough. No one should know about what I saw. I would get suspicious, they would think I was weird.. and even more.

Minho's eyebrows furrowed. He didn't seem to like my comment. "What happened? While you were out?"

"I don't know. It was just blackness." I lied right into Minho's face, which left me a bit guilty.

Minho sighed. "You're lying. I can notice by the way you speak and your hands."

Quickly I removed my hand from my hair, acting like nothing happened. "Can't I fix my hair?"

"You weren't fixing it, Shebean." Minho paused. "Just fidgeting. Now please just tell me what happened."

I shook my head. "Nothing happened. Just black."

Minho's face darkened. "You can tell me." His voice somehow managed to be soothing. "I'm worried about you."

"Don't be." I climbed out of the bed, ready to leave the awkward conversation. "I'll see you later, Minho."

"Hey!" Minho whisper-screamed as followed me outside. "Can't we just talk, Jane?"

"No." I snapped. He couldn't know what I saw, but I also knew Minho deserved to know.

"Please, Jane." Minho hopped after me as I kept up a firm pace to my hut. I didn't reply and kept walking, though I knew Minho would catch up to me easily.

I walked into my hut and wanted to slam the door closed, but Minho put his foot in between it. I gave him an angry glance, upset by his way of acting.

"Please tell me what happened," Minho repeated once again.

"There's nothing to tell," I answered, hoping I hid the shake in my voice well enough. "Just leave."

The tension got worse by the second and I realized Minho would maybe get one of his outbursts again. Which I appeared to be right about.

"Just tell me what's going on for once." Minho started to raise his voice at me. "I'm here too!"

"What's that even supposed to mean?" I took a step closer to Minho, who seemed pissed. "I don't need to tell you anything."

"What I mean is, that you will probably go over to Newt tomorrow and cry with his company," Minho explained through his teeth. "I'm saying that I'm here too! Just talk to me for once, Newt's not the only one who can comfort you or whatever the shuck he keeps doing!"

I started to get angry too. "You're just jealous!" I blurted out, thinking about what Frypan said.

"So? Maybe I am! Who cares?" Minho replied, to my surprise. "That still doesn't make a difference in me wanting to help you!"