31 - The Boys ✭

Minho's POV

Great. Real shucking great. After Newt and Jane walked out of the Deadheads with their faces bright red and a big smiles, I knew they kissed. What else could they have done?

Trying to hide my anger and jealousy, I watched the two sit down. Newt next to me, Jane in front of me, Chuck next to Jane, just like usual.

"Hey." Jane smiled, making my heart melt, but soon I felt worse again. We almost kissed in the maze and now she did it with Newt! Did she even want to kiss me? Or did I make her uncomfortable? Because I for sure went for the kiss if that shucking slintheaded piece of klunk Griever didn't ruin it! Only thinking about kissing Jane's lips and being there for her, made me weak.

"Hi." I dryly replied. Immediately I mentally palmed my face when Jane's face darkened.

Then I looked at Newt, who was staring at Jane like crazy. A smile grew on his face. A nice one. At least he had a nice laugh. My laugh was like a Griever fighting a horse. And his hair always seemed perfect, while I had to style it with pounds of hair gel!
Newt was so much easier to talk with. He knew how to tell his emotions and say the right things at the right time, why couldn't I do that? And he was way more useful. He was the shucking Second-in-command. I was the Keeper of the Runners who couldn't even figure out a stupid maze!

I think I might've been a little jealous of Newt.. but I was aware of how Jane looked at me when I crossed my arms. Literally drooling. That was my only benefit, so I decided to maybe do it more often, hoping my chance would be a little bigger.

"Anyone got something special?" Chuck asked.

"No," I grumbled.

"I don't think so, Chuck." Jane chuckled. I wonder why she always did that, but I loved it. I loved her laugh. I loved everything about her and was suspecting we had something before the Glade, but I couldn't remember it. Sadly she didn't love me back. She only had eyes for Newt and when I thought she likes me for a split second, she is all over Newt again.
Is that what girls are like?

I glanced at Jane, just to see she was already looking at me. My heart rate went up and I had to avert my eyes to keep myself from turning red.

Soon dinner was over. Chuck and Jane left together and eventually, Newt walked away too. I wanted to get up, but Ben interrupted. Great.

"How long is it gonna take, man?" Ben sat down across from me.

"Be patient! I'm not gonna scare her, slinthead." I sighed.

"Be patient? Newt is growing closer to her!"

"Yes, I've seen that." I rolled my eyes by thinking about the two.

"Tell me you at least did something!" Ben whisper-yelled.

"We almost kissed in the maze, are you happy now?" I snapped. "But the shuck Griever ruined it!"

Seeming taken aback Ben stared at me for a few seconds. "That's great!"

"No, it's not! I can't do something like that again." I said in frustration.

"Why not?"

My face turned red. The truth was, today, when I was so close to Jane, I almost forget to shucking breathe and stand normally. My legs literally got weak. How could I be so stupid? It couldn't happen again.

I quickly explained it to Ben, who looked very offended after. "You're not going to avoid her only because of that!"

"What else do I do?" I snapped. "She likes Newt more than me anyways. So instead of getting weak, I can just turn normal again."

"It's really dumb if you're gonna ignore her now," Ben commented. "She ain't gonna like that, because I know she likes you too!"

"No, she doesn't. So let me do my thing."

"But my desserts!"

"Shuck your desserts."

Ben sighed and rushed away. I leaned my head on my hand and thought about everything. Ignoring Jane would be an option, but Ben was right. I wouldn't make things any better with that. But Jane already hated me, so it wouldn't really make a difference, right?

Suddenly a loud scream echoed through the walls.

"Help!" The voice belonged to the youngest Glader, by the sound of it.
Chuck's scream was followed by a feminine one, which immediately caught all my attention to run toward their hut.

~

Newt's POV

I thought I would faint when Jane and I walked out of the Deadheads. Her being so close to me and even touching me made my face red and hands sweaty. She was somehow so.. hypnotizing. And bloody hell, I fell hard for her.

"Hey," Jane revealed her beautiful smile as we joined Chuck and Minho for dinner.

"Hi." Minho dryly replied. My mood lightened down right away. What was wrong with him? How could he just talk to Jane so coldly?

Jane's face darkened and I felt her tens up.
"Anyone got something special?" Chuck broke the silence after a while.

"No," Minho grumbled. Why is he so moody?

"I don't think so, Chuck." Jane chuckled. It made me melt and even blush a bit. Her laugh was so beautiful in my opinion. Like it lit up the whole Glade. I admired her while she just ate, but she only had eyes for Minho, making me feel worse. She liked Minho.

After a while, I finished my food and got up, walking into my hut. Quickly I started cleaning everything up, in case a random girl would show up. And because I liked my hut clean, not just because of Jane, of course.

What do I do? I can't watch Minho and Jane like this the whole time. I need to make a move, as Zart said. But I'm not going to rush Jane. I'd rather let her be with Minho than I make her uncomfortable. Though I will have to hurry before Minho does something. I can see he's in love with her by the way he looks at her and does things, but Jane is oblivious!

A sudden, loud scream made me drop all my stuff and stop my thoughts. "Help!"

Chuck, I realized. Then another scream made me shiver. A feminine one. Jane's.

One of them was in pain.

~

A/N: ohhhh... what do you think is happening with Jane and/or Chuck?