33 - Memories

Jane's POV

Chuck and I casually walked into our hut. Chuck was blabbering about Gally and what he was going to do, when I suddenly felt an aching pain in my head.

Chuck's voice got blurred as he kept talking. I had to grab onto our desk, trying not to fall. The world around me slowly started to spin, going faster by the second.

"Jane, are you okay?" Chuck appeared in front of me, but instead of seeing one, I saw three Chucks.

My breaths got heavier. "I'm dizzy." I managed to say. Chuck gave me a worried glance before grabbing my arm. He wanted to pull me toward the bed, but instead, I stumbled over.

"Jane!" Chuck tried to pull me up again, but I had to press my hands onto my head, hoping the pain would stop. It felt like someone was searching for something in my brain, squeezing and pulling it.

Then the rest of my body started to hurt too. My skin burned, and some voices and flashes of images pictured in my head, as black dots appeared in my vision.

"Help!" Chuck yelled, a sob clearly hearable in his voice.

When something in my mind snapped and the aching got the worst, all the pain I was in turned into one, loud scream. I winced, literally feeling my brain work way too fast for my thoughts to keep up with, then everything went black.

~

I fell into a deep, dark hole. Voices made me turn my head, but I couldn't see anything.

"What is going on with her?" A voice I didn't recognize asked.

"I don't know."

"Jane!" Chuck's yell.

An older man talked. "What did you do?"

"We made her remember too much."

"Turn it back!"

"We can't."

"This is gonna affect everything!"

Then I came to a sudden stop, feeling a surface under my feet. I couldn't control myself. Everything I did went automatically. I could only watch. In front of me was a dark hallway. The only other thing I saw was a door with a green light on it.

I opened the door and got into a room. Dozens of voices yelled and said things, but they sounded miles away from me and were blurred. 

The room was more crowded. People dressed in white walked around, holding all kinds of syringes and medical stuff, some people and even kids sat on beds.
Suddenly a woman took my arm and lead me to a bed too. I couldn't resist or move, only think about what uncontrollable things my body did.

Once the woman held my arm in front of her face, I noticed it was small. Smaller than in the Glade. Was I.. a kid?

"I'm just gonna take some of your blood." The woman said, though she didn't sound very sweet. She spoke coldly, without showing any emotion.

I looked at her stern face, her thin eyebrows furrowed, and her small lips pressed together. Her hair was worn in a thigh, dark bun. Out of a sudden, something cold and sharp pressed in my skin. I gasped quietly, feeling the woman squeezing a liquid into my arm. It hurt a lot. Like someone sliced a small cut in my arm.

I turned my head from the syringe, since the sight of a needle going into my skin wasn't very pleasuring. My eyes met a pair of big brown ones. They were sweet, but almost sad. The kid who I made eye contact with was a boy. He had blonde hair, a bit messy.

He gave me a small smile, only the left corner of his lips turning up. Then my attention got drawn to something else. A dark haired boy was kicking and yelling some nurses, who tried to calm the boy and put him on a bed.

"Let go of me, you Shuckface!" He screamed and kicked one of the nurses in the stomach. "I don't want your stupid implant!"

Though I couldn't control my movements, I mentally widened my eyes as my mouth fell open. I knew the screaming boy had to be Minho and the blonde one Newt.

"No!" Minho yelled when a nurse held a syringe in front of his face. "Don't you-." He got interrupted by the woman inserting the needle. Minho immediately lost his power and strength, falling down onto the floor. "Son of a.. bitch." He managed to groan out.

~

After falling in a deep abyss again, I landed in front of woods. Next to me we're a young Alby, Newt, and Minho. A dark-haired girl and brown-haired boy were also there, but I didn't recognize them.

"It's Randall." The unfamiliar boy whispered. I stared at the man in front of us. He didn't look well. His eyes were like a void, veins a little black, and words rolling over each other.

"You guys shouldn't be here." The man chuckled. My younger self took a step back from the man, who only laughed louder. "I'll show you the things that could happen."

The man forced us to walk with him. In the mean while, I felt a hand grab mine. I took a look next to me. Newt gave me a warm smile and kept walking, holding my hand and never letting go.

The man turned around again. "You." He pointed at Newt, who froze in his place. "Go back inside. The others will be waiting for you."

Newt nodded weakly and let go of my hand before walking away. I wondered why he couldn't come with us, but soon got distracted by the young Minho walking next to me. His hair was full of gel, just like always. Inside my head I smiled and kept walking.

"In here." The man opened a fence that lead to a dark hole under the ground. With my heart pounding in my chest by hearing the yells inside the hole, which looked like the Pit, but then bigger, I got in. Minho and the others jumped after me. "This.. this is what could happen if you sneak outside like that."

The man stepped aside and revealed another fence. A faint light lit it up. At first, I walked closer, but when suddenly a woman appeared, I rushed back on my place. Someone else grabbed my hand, but all I focused on was the woman. She didn't have any eyes, black liquid came out of the holes. She screamed at us, causing me to let out a scream in fear too.

My head started aching again. With my eyes still focused on the scary and horrible-looking woman, I tried to get the pain away, but I was stuck in my own body. I screamed, but none of the others could hear me. Then I fell into the hole again.

"What's happening?"

"It's too much information."

"This might help us."

"You better wake up soon."

All kinds of voices who belonged to old and younger people spoke in my mind, but I kept falling.