64 - Girls Are Awesome

When I got into the Map Room, Thomas stood there, to my surprise.

"Minho told me to wait here." He explained before I even got the chance to ask.

"Ah, okay." I nodded and got through some maps. "Planning on finding something tomorrow?"

"I hope so." Thomas sighed.

"Do you need to do this run training?" I asked out of a sudden.

"I don't know." Thomas shrugged. "What do you do in the training?"

"Minho looks if you could handle being a Runner. So basically push-ups and everything." I said as I inspected some maps, hoping to find something new.

"But push-ups don't help you with running." Thomas realized. "So why would you need to do that?"

"Well, I don't know." I breathed. "But it gets you muscles."

"Like Minho's?" Thomas blurted out.

I smiled. "Exactly."

"He definitely has them."

I chuckled and looked at Thomas. "Did you stare at Minho's arms?"

His mouth opened, but nothing came out. When his cheeks also turned red, I laughed out loud.

"Don't worry. I do it every day." I admitted, not very ashamed since Thomas was a great friend.

"They're quite impressive." Thomas lowered his voice.

"Yes, they damn are." I agreed. "Just wait until he crosses his arms."

"I'll see." Thomas scratched the back of his neck and together we waited for Minho, who walked in soon.

"Hey." Minho glanced at Thomas before looking at me. "What's up? Why's Jane here?"

"I was just looking through some maps." I pointed at them. "Nothing else."

Except for gossiping about your biceps.

"Okay then." Minho crossed his arms. "So what I was about to show you-."

The rest of what Minho said wasn't hearable to me. I only focused on his arms, the muscles, and the veins.. and I think Thomas did too.

"Need a drool bucket?" Minho suddenly asked, grinning deeply.

"What?" Our heads snapped up.

"We weren't-."

"We didn't-."

"It's just-."

"Nothing."

"Convincing," Minho smirked and walked over to the table. "Try to make it less obvious you're staring next time."

"We'll keep that in mind." Thomas and I replied in unison, faces bright red.

Minho chuckled and pointed at the maze example in front of us. "It's the maze. All of it."

Thomas frowned. "What do you mean 'all of it'? I thought you were still mapping it."

Minho sighed, his face darkening. "There's nothing left to map."

Once again, I felt so bad for him. The way he blamed himself for not being able to find a way out, while he mapped a whole damn maze.

"I've run every inch of it myself. Every cycle. Every pattern. If there was a way out, we would have found it by now."

"Why haven't you told anyone this?" Thomas questioned.

"It was Alby's call. People needed to believe we had a chance of getting out. But maybe now... we have a real chance."