28 - The Boys ✭

Minho's POV

Shuck.

Shuck. Shuck. Shuck. I made her cry! Only watching it from a distance broke my heart into a million pieces. Tears fell off Jane's eyelashes and even though it made me sad, I still wondered how someone still managed to look so pretty while crying. But still, I felt bad for making her cry. She hated me. She loved Newt. It was horrible!

I leaned against a tree, arms crossed as usual, upset about the things that happened. How stupid could I be to make those comments?

"Dude!" Ben jogged over to me, probably going to confront me about the things he told me this morning. "I said try to make her miss you, not cry!"

"Be more specific," I grumbled. "Why would I want to make her miss me anyways?"

"Because then she'll realizes she loves you." Ben put a hand on my shoulder, which I quickly shook off.

"You go do it then!" I threw my hands in the air. "I ain't good with emotions, how am I supposed to deal with this?"

"You're the one in love with her." Ben shrugged. "And I want my desserts."

"Shuckin' desserts," I mumbled.

"You really gotta hurry, man. Look!" Ben motioned at Jane and Newt, who were hugging each other tightly. "They're growin' close, you're rippin' everything apart. That ain't gonna help! He's gonna make his move soon."

Jealousy started to form in my body by looking at the two. Ben did have a point. After, I watched Jane walk away with Chuck, smiling again. And god, her smile made me melt.

"Stop drooling and make a plan! Act nicer, show her some stuff, and tell her more about yourself and your feelings.. I don't know!" Ben suggested. "Just do something."

"I'll try, alright?" I snapped. "You and your desserts."

"Hey! It tastes shuckin' good. I ain't gonna let that free food slide!"

~

Newt's POV

Only watching Jane cry made me sad too, though she still lit up my heart. She filled the sad, depressing, and empty spot inside me. She made me happier. And though I rather not admitted it, I knew I was falling for her.

I was all alone when Jane left with Chuck. I loved to see how they were so close and how enthusiastic they were when they played another prank.

"Yo, Newt." Zart sat down across from me, way too formal.

"Yes?" I sighed.

"Make your move," Zart ordered.

I frowned. "What move?"

"On Jane, you Slinthead!" Zart acted like I was crazy for not understanding him. "I know you're in love with her. And I also know Minho's in love with her. I-."

"What? How do you know all that? Minho's in love with her?" I repeated.

"You two are both, so that's why we all bet. And I would gladly enjoy some desserts, so if you would just listen, that would be very nice."

I thought Minho hated Jane, but appeared he didn't. He was in love with her! Shuck! He was so much better looking than me. He was more worth it than me. He was funnier than me. Stronger, faster, more useful.. better than me. I wouldn't have a chance! I was just the dumb, depressed, blonde boy.

"I'm not following any of your advice."

Zart ignored my comment. "I overheard Ben and Minho. Minho's in love with her, and Ben is giving him advice."

My face lit up. "So you know what Minho is going to do?"

A small smirk grew on Zart's face. "Yep." He said, popping the p. "Minho's definitely gonna try something soon. Act nicer and maybe even kiss her. So you better hurry."

"Zart, what did you bet for?"

"You would kiss her first, then Minho, and then she would end up with you." Zart simply said it like it was nothing. "So hurry up and go do something! Compliment her, help her, be protective, and kind."

"I've been doing those things lately." I realized out loud.

"That's awesome! This means you don't have to do all the foreplay again. Now just go for the kiss!"

With wide eyes, I stared at Zart. "I ain't gonna kiss her like it's nothing! I'll do it at the right moment and right time, when we're both ready. No need to rush."

Now it was Zart's turn to look at me in disbelief. "No rush? Minho's about to do somethin'!"

"Good night, Zart." I sighed.

"You better do what I told you!"

~

A/N: Are you Team Newt or Team Minho and why? Sorry if some things are a little rushed! ❤️