Chapter 5- Attempted murder

Wyatt entered the fencing room and watched the students dueling each other. All the students had the traditional white fencing uniforms, but Wyatt was wearing a black one.

He walked down the center of the room interrupting everybody's practice. Everybody paused what they were doing, and you removed your helmet and looked at him and so did your partner Xavier. Wyatt stared at you for a minute admiring you in your uniform before looking straight ahead.

Wyatt stopped when he saw a student fall to the ground. He took off his helmet and looked at the coach.

"Coach. Coach, she tripped me!" he said

His opponent Bianca removed her helmet and rolled her eyes at the boy.

"It was a clean strike, Rowan." The coach said.

"Maybe if you whined less and practiced more you wouldn't suck so much." Bianca suggested "seriously coach, when am I going to get a real competition? Anyone else wanna challenge me?" She asks looking at everybody.

You raised your hand about to challenge her, but the Wyatt spoke up "I do."

Bianca removed her eyes from you to Wyatt, who glared at her, and she smirked at him. "Oh you must the psychopath they let in." This caused you to scowl at her and you were about to give her a piece of your mind but Wyatt spoke before you could.

"And you must be the self- appointed Queen Bee." Wyatt retorted. "Interesting thing about bees. Pull out their stingers and they drop dead." 

The other the students 'ooohed' at that but you laughed. Wyatt and Bianca turned to you, Wyatt was smiling but Bianca scowled.

Bianca glared "you think that's funny?" she taunts.

"Well obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have laughed" you retort. 

Bianca glared at her once more then turned to Wyatt "Rowan doesn't need you to come to his defense. He's not helpless, he's lazy. And I wouldn't stand too close to Y/N. Magicians tend to stink" Bianca smirked knowing the time when your powers got out of control and you almost burnt the entire school down, and you stunk of soot and fire, and Bianca wouldn't stop bullying you for that .

"As if your nasty fish scales don't stink" you glare at her, Wyatt too glared at her, not liking how she insulted you. 

"Are we doing this or no?" He asks snappily.

Bianca walked to the mat, and Wyatt stepped on it then turned around to face her. They pulled their masks on, and raised their swords. 

"En Garde" the coach announces 

Bianca and Wyatt swung their swords at each other, neither of them backing down. They clashed and blocked every move. Until Wyatt dropped to his names and touched Bianca with his sword. 

"Point to Wyatt" the coach shouts. 

Wyatt looked at you as soon as he said that. He winked at you when he noticed you staring and your face flushed, he began to feel a little cocky.

He rose to his feet again and began to fight Bianca again, then Wyatt did a very impressive move, he jumped, did a backflip and then he struck Bianca on the shoulder.

"Point to Wyatt!" The coach shouts again.

Wyatt smirked in victory at Bianca. She glared at him, angry that he was winning. 

They both fought even more vigorously than before, Bianca was very close to scoring a point, but she missed. Wyatt dropped to his knees again and slid under Bianca and touched his sword on her back. 

"Wyatt wins!" The coach shouts.

You were the first person to start clapping for Wyatt. 

And he smirked behind his mask at his victory.

~After fencing~

Wyatt walked out of the infirmary after visiting Rowan who was injured because of Bianca, you made your way to the infirmary and suddenly bumped into someone.

You look up to apologize but then you saw Wyatt staring at you with a blank expression.

"Oh I was looking for you!" you say

"Me? What for?

" he asks.

"Just wanted to say good job for beating Bianca at fencing, someone had to put her in her place" you respond rolling your eyes at the thought of the self-appointed queen bee.

This caused Wyatt to smile "no...problem. Do you want to...go for a walk?" He asks rubbing the back of his neck, feeling slightly nervous around you.

"Sure" you reply and you both go outside.

~when you guys go for a walk~

You opened your mouth to speak to Wyatt but nothing came out as someone yelled your name and pushed you out of the way, you felt yourself loosing consciousness, your eyes closed and you fell into a deep slumber. 

~you wake up~

You woke up to the sound of two boys arguing.

"Why did you push her away I was about to save both of us!"

"My fault? You both almost died, the least you can do is say thank you!"

You heard a scoff and you groaned signaling that you were awake, you opened you eyes to see Xavier and Wyatt standing over you, both of their attention on you.

"Welcome back sleepyhead" Xavier whispers smiling at you.

"What happened?" you ask rubbing your forehead at the pain it had.

"You and Wyatt were walking and a gargoyle was about to fall on you so I pushed you out of the way" Xavier explains.

"Oh, thanks Xavi" you reply giving him a hug and he rubbed your back. Wyatt glared  at the two of you, mostly at Xavier.

You ended the hug and tried to sit up but Wyatt pushed you back down "Careful, you probably got two bumps on the head and a concussion" Wyatt says.

You sigh and lie back down "how long am I going to be here?" you ask.

"Not long" Wyatt replies "The nurse is coming over to discharge you" he says gesturing to the nurse who walked over to the two of you and placed a small bag of ice on your forehead telling you to be careful next time. She discharged you after an hour.

Wyatt had come over to take you back to your dorm so that you can rest. 

"Be careful" he warns as he guided you to your dorm, it was quite an awkward walk down the infirmary, he had an arm wrapped around your waist and shoulders and you had an arm wrapped around his shoulders. Secretly Wyatt didn't hate being this close to you. 

He made sure you were okay after reaching your dorm and told you to shout if you needed anything and he went back to his own dorm, where he sat down with his typewriter to continue writing his novel when he noticed a bump on his bed, he removed the covers to reveal a stitched hand. 

"I knew it" he smirked "Hello Thing"

~Conversation with Thing where he threatened the hand that he had to work for him or he would lock Thing up in a cupboard~

"Our first order of business is to escape this teenage purgatory" Said Wyatt. 

Thing tapped on the desk.

"Of course I have a plan" Wyatt smirked "And it begins...now."