Chapter 24- Bloody Prank

Hiii,

Hope y'all are having a good day! Here is the 24th chapter. I am working on my Male Violet Baudelaire book :). 

Listening to heat waves. Recommended by my crush :).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucas' friends pulled outside Nevermore in a heavy truck. 

They got out and opened the book to reveal a fire house They grabbed it and began unravelling it and attached it to an opening in the wall as Lucas came out.

"Guys, I was thinking that maybe this isn't a good idea? I don't want my dad to get any blowback you know?" He argues.

One of the boys looked at him crazy. "Dude, you're the whole reason we're doing this! To get revenge on those freaks for nuking Crackstone's fountain!"

"Yeah." The other one agreed. "Don't tell me you have gone soft, like Tyler. Come on, let's go." The guys sneered.

Lucas agreed reluctantly, he watched as the boy hooked up the fire house to the opening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the woods, Eugene hid behind a tree. He observed a creature he caught in a jar. His attention moved to a car pulling up at the cave.

Eugene pulled out his recorder, he turned it on and spoke. "Eugene Ottinger, 2242 hours. Potential suspect has arrived."

Eugene watched as a figure in all black snuck into the cave, lit something inside and ran back outside. 

"Oh my god."

The figure ran by Eugene, shined a flashlight in his face, then ran off. The cave then exploded and everything inside was on fire. 

Eugene turned and ran just as the mysterious figure ran to their car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bianca sat outside the ball on the bench looking glum. Wyatt and Y/n stepped outside with Wyatt carrying Y/n bridal-style. Her feet hurt from the heels she wore. He gently placed her on the bench beside Bianca. Y/n took off her heels to give her feet a break. 

"Whoever invented heels clearly had a side hustle as a torturer." Wyatt said glaring at the heels.

"As my dear mother always says, 'fire tests gold, suffering tests a woman.'"

Wyatt and Y/n looked at her. "Where is Xavier?" Y/n asks. "I didn't see you both at the dance floor."

"We had a little tiff. About you, actually."

Y/n looked surprised, and guilty. "Sorry?" Y/n asks confused.

"You don't know what it's like."

Y/n looks even more confused. "Being beautiful and popular?"

"Never knowing people's true feelings." Bianca clarifies. "If someone likes me for me."

Y/n smiles at her sympathetically and took her hand for comfort. "I used my magic on Xavier, he truly loved you, you know? He loved every inch of you. He felt so betrayed when he realized you used your siren song on him. He never liked me that way, we were always friend."

Bianca smiled and squeezed the girl's hand.

"What about your amulet?" Wyatt asks.

Bianca looked down at her amulet. "It's not fool proof. It's a mild prophylactic, so to speak. That's why Xavier broke up with me, he could never fully trust me. The worst part is I could never trust his feeling either. I never knew if they were real or not. You're lucky."