Chapter 23- Rave'N

The Rave'N dance was going very well. Lights were everywhere, Ms. Thornhill stood byt the entrance greeting all the students.

"Okay have fun with it."

Xavier and Bianca approached arm in arm. Xavier wore a white suit and Bianca wore a sequined dress.

"You look gorgeous, so gorgeous. Welcome to this year's Rave'N. Oh! Beautiful, what a nice top, and a giant statue of a ice yeti behind a DJ booth.

Ms. Thornhill walked inside and stood next to Weems.

"Here's to a night they'll never forget."

"Be careful what you wish for!" Weems warns.

"You were a Nevermore student once. Don't you remember being full of hope and excitement about the Rave'N?" Ms. Thornhill asks.

"All I remember is disappointment. The boy I asked turned me down for another girl...Morticia Frump in fact."

"Wyatt's mother?" Ms. Thornhill asks shocked. 

"Oh, make sure nobody spikes the punch tonight, we can't afford a single misstep tonight." Weems told her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wyatt was in his dorm packing his stuff to get ready for the stake out. Thing was on his desk.

He would glance at the wall separating his dorm from Y/n's. Then he would go back to packing. Thing finally got annoyed and started tapping his desk to gain Wyatt's attention.

Wyatt looked at him. "What?"

Thing pointed at the wall and signed.

"No I do not feel guilty! Why would I?"

Thing moved his fingers to signify Wyatt hurt Y/n's feelings.

Wyatt rolled his eyes at him. "Well, I am already taking her to a cave. What more can I do about it?"

Thing hopped underneath his bed and kicked two boxes from underneath.

Wyatt narrowed his eyes. He opened the boxes to reveal the suit and dress form Uriah's Heap. And a sunflower for Y/n.

"You want me to take her to the dance?" Wyatt asks incredulously.

Thing nodded.

"Why?" 

Thing signed 'You like her, she likes you.'

The signed something again.

"Yes I want to make it up to her. That's why I am taking her to a stake out. If staking out a monster's lair isn't fun, I don't know what is."

Thing reminded that staking out can happen again, but the dance cannot. 

Wyatt hesitated not knowing what to do. Thing was annoyed and he began to sign very agressively, scolding Wyatt.

"Alright, alright. I will ask her! Stop yelling at me!" Wyatt hisses.

He took the suit and went into the closet to change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n had packed her bag, ready to go. She couldn't believe she was doing this. Y/n searched her room for a extra flashlight. Suddenly a knock was heard.

"Y/n?" Wyatt's voice calls out

Y/n looked up confused. She walked over and opened the door.

"Wyatt, I was just looking for a an extra flash-" She was cut off as she looked up to see Wyatt standing there wearing a suit and a sunflower in his hand, he looked really handsome, her eyes was incredibly wide and her cheeks flushed.