Chapter 28- Fishing with bombs

Sheriff Galpin poured some coffee when Wyatt walked in.

"We need to talk."

Galpin turned around and looked at him. "How the hell did you get in?" "Bernice? Bernice!"

"Bernice may or may not have received a call about her tabby cat Swifty being held for ransom. My father did not kill Garret Gates." 

The Sheriff looked at him confused. "I have his signed confession, he identified the saber he used to do it. Both of which I'm going to deliver to the District Attorney."

"Don't you find the timing a tad bit convenient? The coroner kills himself out of remorse for a decades old murder case the very weekend my father, your prime suspect, deigns to come into town?"

The sheriff shrugged. "All I see is a guilty man who's finally going to pay for his crime. And cuffing him myself, oh, that was the icing on the cake." He bragged.

"Sheriff, how are you failing to see that someone is desperately trying to derail my investigation? I found the monster's cave, and I gave you DNA evidence. Did you even bother to test it?" Wyatt snaps.

"This may come as a shock, but the wor;d doesn't revolve around you, Addams." Galpin snaps. He then took out a file and placed it on the desk. "Here. DNA results, no match, inconclusive."

"So you truly believe that this all some coincidence? Whoever hurt Eugene also murdered the coroner." Wyatt explains.

"Unfortunately, someone sabotaged the security camera in the morgue, so we don't know what happened. They stuck BLACK bubblegum on the camera, maybe I should run a DNA test on that."

"Someone is trying to throw me off my game. This all a distraction." Wyatt argues.

"No this is about justice being served." The Sheriff argues back. "Garret Gates' family deserves closure, even if none of them are around to take comfort in it." 

"What happened to them?" Wyatt asks.

"His mother hung herself in the backyard. His father drank himself into an early grave. Even his little sister didn't escape. She was orphaned and was sent overseas, she ended up drowning. Everyone is gone. So your father doesn't only have Garret Gates' blood on his hands, he's got the whole damn family's."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~with Enid and her excuse of a mother~

"A summer camp?" A confused and angry Enid asked

"These aren't just ordinary summer camps. These camps for lycanthropy conversion." Enid said sounding angry now.

"Oh no need to be dramatic, Enid." Her mother sighed.

"You want to send me to conversion therapy for werewolves?" Enid hissed angrily.

"It worked wonders for your cousin Lucille, didn't? Seven weeks in the Balkan countryside and she was howling at the moon in no time, as it should be. Don't you want to wolf out and finally be normal honey?" Her mom asks. Trying to pursuade Enid to join the camp.

Enid threw the brochures on the ground and stormed away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pugsley sat on the edge of a dock that went into a small lake.

Wyatt and Y/n walked towards him holding fishing materials.

They dropped the gear next to Pugsley, Wyatt took Y/n's hand and pulled her to sit on the dock.

"Stop trying to be nice, it doesn't suit you."