Chapter 31- Birthday

Wyatt sat cross legged in the middle of his room surrounded by candles, holding the necklace his mother gave while muttering.

"In case you're wondering, I don't hold seances very often. I can barely tolerate the living. Why would I want to commune with the dead?"

"My mother told me that Gabriel is the only one that can train me to control my psychic visions. The sooner I master that, the sooner I can crack the case."

Wyatt continued muttering with his eyes closed, the candles beginning to flicker. Suddenly the door opened.

Wyatt opened his eyes and turned around expecting Gabriel, but Enid walked into his room. Wyatt turned away and let out an annoyed sigh.

"Sorry." Enid apologized. "I didn't mean to interrupt your...do I even want to know?"

Y/n walked in after her. "Sorry Wyatt, we didn't mean to interrupt."

Wyatt sighed "It's alright." He answered walking up to her. "I'll forgive you this time." He whispered and kissed her.

Y/n smiled "Thank you, kind sir. What are you doing anyway?"

"I was reaching into the black maw of death to contact a relative."

"Who were you contacting?" 

"Gabriel Addams. He was one of the original outcasts. Been attempting to summon him, but he seems to be ignoring my entreaties." He said annoyed.

"Oh, have you thought about using my scented candles? The scent of steak tartare is to die for." Enid said excitedly.

Before Wyatt could answer a piece of paper slipped underneath door. 

"Maybe Gabriel answered you?" Y/n suggests.

"I appreciate it love, but I doubt Gabriel communicates in magazine cut outs." Wyatt told her.

'If you want answers, meet inside Crackstone's crypt. Midnight.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wyatt, Y/n and Enid walked through the woods approaching the crypt and holding flashlights. Y/n held Wyatt's hand out of fear.

A branch snapped, Enid jumped extending her claws and Y/n moved closer to Wyatt gulping in fear. 

"You two insisted on coming along. I was fine on my own."

Y/n gave him a look. "Alright then." She said and let go of his hand walking back towards the school.

Wyatt huffed and walked up to her grabbing her wrist and pulling her towards him as Y/n smiled in victory as they both walked back to Enid.

They stepped on the stone leading into the crypt. Wyatt noticed the door was cracked open.

Enid wrinkled her nose at the smell. "Ew. What died?"

"Um...Crackstone?" Y/n answers. 

"Smells like childhood." Wyatt comments. "Come on."

Wyatt pulled Y/n with him but Enid stayed behind.

"Second thoughts. Why don't I just stay out here?" She whimpered. "You know as lookout."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wyatt and Y/n crept further into the crypt. It was a big room for a burial place. At the center there was a large coffin, probably where Crackstone was buried. The room was eerily silent until a small cough was heard.

Wyatt shined his flashlight at the noise. "Whoever you are, show yourself." He demands. "Try anything and you loose limbs."

"SURPRISE!" Voices shouted.

Xavier, Ajax and Yoko came out of their hiding place singing Happy birthday and Y/n joined in.

Enid entered the crypt holding a cake which had dark chocolate and a little grim reaper holding a pink balloon rather and a knife. The words on the cake read 'Happy 18th birthday Wyatt!' Thing crawled on the ledge wearing a black party hat.

Wyatt glared at Thing after everyone stopped singing. "I should have known you were behind this. What part of 'no party under the penalty of death' did you not understand?"

Suddenly Wyatt felt a pair of small arms wrap around him from behind. He turned around to see Y/n wearing the cutest expression on her face.

"Don't be mad at Thing." Y/n pouts.

"Were you planning this?"

Y/n nods. "Yes."

Wyatt rolled his eyes and kissed her forehead. "You're lucky you're adorable." He whispered and Y/n smiled and giggled at him.

"I thought my cake idea was pretty inspired." Xavier said.

"The pink balloon was my little touch." Enid added. "Why don't you make a wish?"

Wyatt turned away from the cake in disgust and noticed words carved into a ledge on the crypt walls.

Wyatt blanked out for a second as he walked towards the writing. "This is Latin...Fire will rain...When I rise." He read.

"Okay, that's not really a wish." Enid points out annoyed.

"The first part of that phrase was burned into Nevermore's lawn. It can't be a coincidence." 

So I was right! Somebody is trying to do something to bring Crackstone back to life and possibly put Wyatt in danger. Y/n thought as fear crept in her veins. 

"Wait we're never eating that cake are we?" Ajax asked as Y/n snapped from her thoughts.

Wyatt slowly reached out and touched the inscriptions, his head snapped back and he fell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~In the vision~

(Okay hiii, so um before you guys get confused...I want to make this book LGBTQIA+ friendly...so I decided to change Gabriel back to Goody, and she is a Lesbian (because gay and lesbian couples are super cute.), and she is still in love with Ophelia. So please pretend that all the other chapters say Goody because I'm too lazy to change EVERYTHING.)

"Crackstone is coming." A voice whispers.

Wyatt opened his eyes and found himself laying on grass.

"Crackstone is coming."

"Goody." Wyatt realized.

"You are the Raven in my bloodline." Goody said and suddenly appeared on Wyatt's right. "Wyatt."

"I was told you could teach me how to control my ability."

"There is no controlling a raging river." Goody replied. "You must learn to navigate it without drowning. Time is not on our side."

Goody turned toward the giant gate. "To stop Crackstone, this is the place you must seek."

"Do you always speak in riddles?" Wyatt asked.

"Do you always seek simple answers?" Goody sassed.

"The path of a Raven is a solitary one. You end up alone, unable to trust others, only seeing the darkness within them." Goody informed.

"What about your wife? I thought she was supposed to be your light?"

Goody looked down sadly at the thought of Ophelia. "She really was the light of my life. She kept me out of the darkness for a long time. But I let my obsession and revenge take over me, and I hurt her a lot. I know that you have found your light as well. Do not let her go, or you will fall down the same hole as me."

"Is that supposed to scare me?" Wyatt asked.

Goody's face turned blank.

"It should."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~End of Chapter~