Chapter 19- The next victim

"This was a disaster!" Weems says frustrated, pacing around as Wyatt sat in her office expressionless as usual. 

"The mayor is furious! I have received countless phone calls, e-mails, people in town, alumni and parents. They want answers and so do I!" 

"I would lead the inquisition, but I left my thumbscrews and racks at home." 

"Mr. Addams." She says in a low dangerous voice. "You are on thin ice, wafer thin ice."

"I swear on my late scorpion's soul, my hands are clean." Wyatt says truthfully.

Well he was right, since he didn't do anything, he came up with the plan, but Thing carried it out.

"I may not have hard evidence, but I see you. You're a trouble magnet." Weems seethed.

"If trouble means standing up to lies, decades of discrimination, centuries of treating outcasts like second-class citizens or worse." Wyatt defends.

"What are you talking about?" Weems asks tired.

"Jerico. Why does this town even have an outreach day? Don't you know it's real history with outcasts? The actual story of Joseph Crackstone?" Wyatt asks lowly.

Weems sighed in defeat. "I do. To an extent." She admits.

"Then why be complicit in it's cover-up? Those who repeat history are doomed to repeat it." 

"That's where you and I defer. Where you see doom, I see opportunity. Maybe this is a chance to rewrite the wrongs. Start a new chapter with the normie-outcast relationships." 

(By worshipping the very person who destroyed unique people? Hell no Weems.)

"Noting has changed since Crackstone. They still hate us. Only now they sugar coat it with platitudes and smiles." Wyatt points. "If you're unwilling to fight for the truth..." 

"You think I want the truth? Of course I do. But the world isn't always Black and White, there are shades of grey."

"Maybe for you. But it's either they write our story or we do. You can't have it both ways." 

After a moment of silence Weems spoke up. "You're exhausting." She told him.

"I know." Wyatt told her with a pointed look.

Weems let out an exasperated sigh. "Good night Mr. Addams."

Wyatt turned around to leave when Weems spoke up again.

"But, you should know. I don't tire easily." She told him.

Wyatt stared at her for a few seconds and then left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the meeting house the homeless man took out the camera he stole when he heard a crumbling noise of leaves and a sniffing.

He stood up and yelled. "WHO IS IT?!" 

(Who is it? Is it a friend of mine. Who is it? Is it my brother? Who is it? Somebody hurt my soul now. Who is it? I can't take this stuff no more.)

A few moments later the monster burst through the meeting house and leaped onto the man. He screamed and dropped the camera which took pictures as the man was eaten.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enid and Y/n were in their dorm, Y/n was in her pajamas and was helping Enid get ready for her date. 

Enid took out a bright multi colored shirt. "Too much?" She asks.

Y/n winced. "Yeah." 

"I am so glad to have my date with Ajax tonight. You know if you wanted we could do a double date! With the boy next doooor." She teases.