Chapter 9- No body, no crime

A/N:

*Spits out coffee* HOW DID WE GET 500 READS?! Thank you all so much!!! I'm really happy you are liking the book!!

Wyatt's voiceover: "This story is about to take a dark turn. Usually I love dark turns. Like when the carousel brakes mysteriously failed at my 8th birthday party (ShOre Wyatt sHorE, 'mysteriously'). But not this one." 

Red and blue lights flashed in the night as police sirens filled the air, several policemen ran around with their dog trying to find Rowan's dead body...but it had mysteriously vanished. 

~In Nevermore~

"How could you miss a dead body?" Wyatt asks the Sheriff angrily

Wyatt, the Sheriff and Weems were walking down the halls of Nevermore to Weems' office. Why weren't you there? Because Wyatt was worried about you and didn't want you to get moe hurt so he told you to stay while he spoke to the Sheriff. 

"Cause it wasn't there." The Sheriff replied "No footprints, no blood, no sign of struggle. Nothing, nada. My search party looked everywhere, there was nothing."

"Well your search party must have left their seeing eye dogs at home because I saw the monster kill Rowan right in front of me."

  "Get a good look at the monster thing?" The Sheriff asks.

"It didn't stick around for a chat." Wyatt responds sarcastically.

"Maybe it was one of your classmates?" He suggests.

"Sheriff, I find that very offensive." Weems snaps.

"I don't care, I got three other dead bodies in the morgue. Hikers just ripped apart in the woods." The Sheriff snaps back. 

"The mayor said those were bear attacks." Weems said.

"Well, the mayor and I disagree on that." 

"So you automatically assume a Nevermore student is the murderer, even though there is no evidence the crime even happened." Weems accused.

"I'm sorry, I forgot you teach only good outcast here." The Sheriff replies sarcastically.

"My guess is that Rowan ran away. State troopers put out an alert. I've contacted his family, but they haven't heard from him either."

"Dead people are notoriously bad returning calls" Wyatt grumbles annoyed at the two adults.

"What were you doing out in the woods Mr. Addams?" The Sheriff asks.

"I was with Y/n at the Harvest festival when we heard a noise in the forest and we went to investigate. That's when we stumble upon the attack." Wyatt lies.

"The what happened?"

"The we ran into Bianca Barclay and I told her to go get help. Next thing I reme,ber is waking up in my dorm." Wyatt lies again.

"And just to be clear, this monster wasn't a bear or any other wild animal, yes?" The Sheriff double checked.

"I have hibernated with grizzlies, I know the difference." 

Weems stood up from her desk "Thank you, sheriff. I think Mr. Addams is done now." 

"Actually,  I would like to speak to the sheriff, alone" Wyatt requests.

"Well I am sure I can get him down to the station and get a formal statement." The sheriff smiles "Yeah, let's go."

"Fine, you have 5 minutes and everything is off the record. Play nice or else I will clal the mayor." Weems threatened.