Chapter 33- Location

Hiiii, hope all of you are well and safe! Enjoy the new chapter!

Holidays are coming up so I can update more often :).

Also, thanks a million for 102K reads! Can't believe you guys like this book so much, it inspires me to keep writing, so thanks a lot again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I haven't always been against birthdays. Each one reminds me I'm a year closer to death's cold embrace. What's not to like about that?" Wyatt smirked.

"Besides, my parents always made sure my birthdays were memorable. The perfect surprise, the perfect cake, the perfect party games. But now parties and games, it...it all feels so trivial." He told Eugene, who was unfortunately still unconscious.

"Goody warned me that I was destined to be alone, and I would be sorry for it."

A throat cleared behind him, Wyatt turned to see Dr. Kinbott standing behind him with some roses.

"Dr. Kinbott." Wyatt greets.

"I haven't seen you since our session with your family. Which was certainly one I won't forget." She smiles. "How are things with them?"

"My mother and I spent some quality time together along with Y/n. Got our hands dirty."

"Gardening?"

"Grave digging." He corrects. "And I managed to keep my father out of prison. What brings you here?"

"Eugene's moms. I work with them. Trauma like this leaves emotional scars on the whole family." She placed the roses on the pot. "They had to head home for a few days, so I promised to check on him."

"I'll leave you to it." Wyatt said and was about to quickly exit.

"Who's Goody?" She asked.

"She's a distant...cousin. VERY distant."

"Sound like she doesn't see you for who you really are."

"She sees more than you know." Wyatt argues.

Dr. Kinbott and Wyatt stare at each other for a few seconds.

"I want to assure you that I will remain as cold and heartless as the first day we met." He warns.

"I doubt a cold-heartless person would be sitting by his friend's side feeling guilty for his condition. And certainly not have a girlfriend."

"I didn't ask for a free session." Wyatt snaps.

"Consider it my birthday gift." She shrugs.

Wyatt glared at her then exited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wyatt and Y/n sat next to Y/n in a booth at the Weathervane reading a book while Y/n read 'Fault in our stars'. Tyler suddenly slid a cup towards him. It had foam in it and the letters spelled 'Happy birthday'.

"I know you're usually a quad kinda guy. But I've been working on that all week." Tyler said sitting across from them.

"Birthday yes, Happy no. Is there anyone Thing didn't tell?" Wyatt wonders.

"Well, who do you think delivered the cake? Granted Y/n ordered it."

Wyatt turned to look at the girl next to him who sat on the sofa Indian style and supporting her head with her hand. She looked up when she noticed him looking.