Chapter 49- Honey, I rose up from the dead. Not in a very slay way though.

Wyatt breathed as he awoke from his unconscious state. He opened his eyes and took in his surroundings, he was in Crackstone's crypt, his hands cuffed and he was hanging from a hook connected to the ceiling. 

Candles were lit around the crypt, making it very hot, and the blood moon shone above the crypt. He looked in front of himself, noticing Tyler walking towards him and Wyatt seethed with anger.

"Kind of deja vu we have going on here." Tyler mocked.

"Except  I won't cry and whine like a child." Wyatt retorts. 

"Tyler, go and wait by the boat." Laurel orders.

"Yes, be a good little Hyde and listen to your master." Wyatt mocked. 

Tyler growled in frustration and left, bumping into Wyatt on his way out.

"I have to admit, the shape-shifting stunt with Weems almost worked, but as my father always said, 'if you want to outsmart and outcast, you gotta outthink him.'" She said cackling. 

Laurel had gathered all of the body parts taken by the victims of Tyler and had kept around the Crackstone's coffin. They were sitting in jars of some preservatory liquid and had some devices on top of them. 

"You know, our ancestral line goes all the way to Joseph Crackstone." Laurel brags. 

"In short, you come from a line of psychopathic killers?" 

Laurel glared at him for that comment. "Joseph Crackstone was a visionary, dedicated to protecting normies from outcasts until his life was cut short, by your ancestor, Goody Addams." She snapped. "Then to add salt to the wound, they stole his land to build that abomination of a school!" She said angrily. 

Wyatt watched silently as she walked around and spoke. 

"Throughout the centuries, my family has remained committed to Crackstone's mission. My brother died serving that cause. I decided to take a different approach, the supernatural way." She revealed. 

Wyatt looked around at the body parts surrounding the coffin and realized what her plan was. 

"Tyler has been collecting the body parts to resurrect Crackstone. Y/n was right." Wyatt mutters. 

Laurel nodded. "She was always a smart girl, it's a shame she was an outcast." 

"You can't wake the dead." Wyatt told her. "Believe me, I have tried." 

Laurel turned to him, holding a book with a small smirk. "I believe Goody Addams will disagree." 

Wyatt's eyes widened. "Goody's Book of Shadows, you're the one that stole the original from Pilgrim Village." 

"It wasn't enough for Goody to kill Crackstone, she had to curse his soul too."

"What does this all have to do with me?" Wyatt asked.

"Wyatt, honey, you are the key. Your arrival at Nevermore set the wheels of my plan in motion. Goody sealed Crackstone in his sarcophagus with her blood in a blood lock. Only her ancestor can open it." Laurel revealed. 

Wyatt suddenly understood what Goody meant when she called him the key. 

"A living descendant, on the night of a blood moon, so...I bided my time, made you feel special until you were ready to be sacrificed." Laurel said smirking. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xavier was inside Sheriff Galpin's car. Attempting to escape. 

"Damn it." Xavier grumbled. 

"Shut it!" The sheriff snapped. "What's up Santiago?"

"Sir we got a situation, Eugene Ottinger, Amin just called, frantic. Something's going on in Nevermore." Santiago informed.

"Get a couple of cars over there ASAP." He ordered. 

"We can't, all the squad cars have been slashed. Every damn car." 

"Alright, I'm on my way." The Sheriff said swiveling his car around. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laurel grunted as she dragged Wyatt's body to Crackstone's Sarcophagus. She grabbed a knife, slicing a bit of his hand, making him wince. She placed his hand on the lock which was shaped like a circle with a ship and Crackstone's name on it. 

The lock glowed red, burning Wyatt's hand. He grunts in pain and pries his hand off the lock. 

Laurel smiled smugly, as she carried him back to the wall. She grabbed Goody's book and began to chant in Latin. 

While Laurel was chanting, Wyatt reached into his shoe and pulled out a switch blade which he used to attempt to pick the locks on his handcuffs. 

Laurel finished her chanting and waited as thunder roared, the body parts glowed, symbols began to illuminate around the sarcophagus, lightning sparked from the lock and into the devices on body part jars. 

Black smoke leaked from the sarcophagus and swirled around like a tornado, once the black smoke faded, Joseph Crackstone stood there, looking ugly as ever, with decayed skin and a severely mismatched body, and holding his very stupid cane. 

Laurel grinned as she stared at Crackpot with awe. 

"I am of your blood," She told him. "I have summoned you to rid the world of outcasts, one and for all!" 

Crackpot stared at her and held out his left hand which had a very ugly ruby ring on it, which looked even more ugly on his decayed hand. Laurel giggled like a school girl realizing her very first crush as she rushed forwards and kissed the ugly ring. 

"My vengeance will be very sweet and true." Crackpot told her in the most zombie like voice ever. 

Wyatt managed will be to pick the lock and stood up. "As will mine." He declared. 

Joseph Crackstone turned to Wyatt, pointing his ugly cane at him, magic flowed through it and pinned Wyatt against the wall, not letting him move.

(You know what, I just realized, if Crackpot is so hellbent on killing outcasts who have special abilities, he does too. So he too is an outcast.)

"Goody Addams, you haunt me still, you will suffer the same fate you bequeathed me. As will your beloved, Ophelia." Crackpot declared. 

Crackpot took out a knife and stabbed Wyatt in the stomach. 

"Now burn in the eternal fires of hell, where you  belong." He hissed and twisted the knife. 

Crackstone and Laurel walked past him as he slid down the wall in pain. 

"Sweet dreams, Wyatt!" Laurel calls as the two exited the crypt, leaving Wyatt to die.