Chapter 6- Escaping the 'Penitentiary'

Principal Weems drove Wyatt into Jericho, where Wyatt will be having his first ever therapy session, she parked in front of a white three-story building. 

"Dr. Kinbott's office is on the second floor. Other Nevermore students trust her, you are safe with her" Weems told Wyatt. 

"And you'll be waiting here until I'm done?" Wyatt asks.

"Perhaps afterwards we can visit the Weathervane for hot chocolate? And Y/N is there as well, she works there." she suggests.

"Principal Weems, this feeble attempt at bonding is beneath you." Wyatt replies as he climbed out of the car. "And chauffeuring your students around is clearly below your pay grade."

"Given your history, I'm sure you intend on running away. I'm here to prevent that from happening." Weems revealed. 

Wyatt stared at her for a few seconds "I wish you luck." he replies finally and shuts the car door and enters the building.

~In Kinbott's office~

Dr. Kinbott was a tall white and thin woman, she had blonde hair, blue eyes and she had a crescent moon necklace. 

"I read the notes from your school counselor." Dr. Kinbott said a she lead Wyatt into her office. 

"Mrs. Bronstein. She had a nervous breakdown after our last session and had to take a six month sabbatical."

Dr. Kinbott gestured to a seat "take a seat".

Wyatt sat in the chair and Dr. Kinbott sat across him.

"How do you feel about that?" she asks.

"Vindicated. But someone who crotchets for a hobby isn't a worthy adversary."

"Adversary? I hope we can forge a relationship based on trust and mutual respect. This is a safe Wyatt. A sanctuary where we can discuss anything. What you're thinking, feeling, your views on the world, personal philosophy" she explains. 

"That's easy. I think that this is a waste of time. I see the world as a place to be endured, and my personal philosophy is to kill or be killed." Wyatt replies.

"So for instance, when someone bullies your brother, your response is to dump a piranha in the pool?" she asks.

"You know the old saying, never bring a knife to a sword fight unless the knife is concealed." 

"The point is that you're here because you assaulted a boy and showed no remorse for your actions." she explains.

"People like Dalton shouldn't be allowed to be on this planet . I did everyone a favor." He replies.

"I have answered all your questions, time for me to go" he says standing up and grabbing his bag.

But Dr. Kinbott stopped him with a smile "We're not done yet." 

Wyatt reluctantly sat back down.

"Therapy is a valuable tool to help you understand yourself. It can teach you ways to deal with your emotions. It can also help you build the life that you want." 

"I know the life that I want (a life that you're in *winky face*)" he told her harshly. 

"Tell me about it."

Wyatt stayed silent.

"Everything said in these sessions are strictly confidential" she said in an attempt to make him feel comfortable in the session.

Wyatt still stayed silent.

"Do you plan on becoming an author? I know you've written three novels about a teen boy detective, Viper De la Muerte. Can you tell me about him?"