Chapter 14- The book

Enid and Y/n were in their dorm fast asleep, Enid was cuddling with her trophy while Y/n was feeling hella cold and kept cuddling her blanket and pillows. Next door, Wyatt was sitting at his desk and typing away at his typewriter.

Wyatt's voiceover: "Nevermore continues to be an enigma. A place where the questions far outweigh the answers. But sometimes...the answer is staring right at your face."

He looked at the drawing of him, he picked it up and held it to the light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wyatt entered the quad where Edgar Allen Poe's statue stood.

Wyatt took out a flashlight and aimed it at the statue's face.

(Okay I am very tired to keep putting Wyatt's voiceover. So all the voiceovers will be in italics.)

"Don't worry Edgar Allan. I see your sanctimonious smirk. But I will get the last laugh."

Wyatt stood at the base of the statue, which lifted him higher to see what was written on the book Edgar held.

"Your penchant for riddles was legendary . And this might be your cleverest yet."

Wyatt shined the flashlight on the book and saw several small riddles carved in both pages.

"Because it isn't one riddle. Rather each line is it's own separate one."

Wyatt pulled out his notebook and began jotting down the answers.

"The opposite of moon? Sun"

"A world between ours? Nether"

"Two months before June? April"

"A self seeding flower? Pansy Park- WRONG FANDOM PANSY, GO AWAY" "anyway, the answer is Pansy."

"One more than one? Two."

"It's leaves weep to the ground? Willow"

"It melts in the sun? Ice."

"Every rules has one?....Exception."

Wyatt got down from the statue and took a few steps away from it. He looked down at his answers and noticed something, the first letters of each letter spelled out something.

Sun

Nether

April

Pansy

Two

Willow

Ice

Exception

"The answer will give a sharp cracking noise."

Wyatt smirked and turned towards the statue. He raised his hand and snapped twice.

The arm that held the raven moved in front, then the whole statue moved backwards, revealing a secret passageway.

Wyatt enters the passage and walked down the flight of stairs. Along the wall were pictures, probably of old members of the Nightshades.

Wyatt made it to the bottom and found himself in a dark circular room with bookshelves that looked similar to the one Rowan had, there were paintings and pictures, and the floor had the symbol of the nightshades embedded in the floor.

"Secret societies. Hidden libraries."

Wyatt stopped looking around when he spotted a photo of his parents staring back at him.