Chapter 20- The morgue

I have no idea what to say to my crush. No idea at all. I am way too scared and shy to text him. I know what you are all thinking. 'Nidhi! He gave you his number for a reason!' It's not easy at all  to text him, his profile picture is driving me crazy, and I keep getting giant butterflies in my stomach. But I want to thank you all for helping me. Now, back to the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was night-time in Jericho's coroner office. It was dead silent.

Until the dead silence was broken by something thudding inside the vents (Clint! Get out of the vents!). The grate to the vents opened right above the surveillance camera. Thing hopped onto the camera and crawled on it, he took a piece of black bubblegum and spread it around the camera, completely blocking the lens.

"Dr. Kinbott says I need to get out more. Says I need to open my mind to new people and experiences. Who am I to argue with her professional cliches?"

Thing crawled over to a remote on the wall that opened a large door. He pressed the open button, Wyatt and Y/n stepped into the room quietly, Thing then closed the door once again.

"While  Y/n and I do the autopsy, you find the files of the monster's other victims and make copies." Wyatt orders.

Wyatt placed his bag on the table as Y/n watched him, Thing crawled on top tapping away to Wyatt.

"Don't pout. Your scalpel skills are questionable." He unrolled a set to reveal different types of knives, saws and scalpels. "Do you remember my 13th birthday? Uncle Fester gave me that cadaver. You sliced right through that man's carotid."

Thing tapped the table in agreement and went to go make copies. Wyatt and opened various dead body drawers, trying to find the right dead person. 

"No...no..." He sniffed the body. "magnificent hematoma. There you are! Y/n come here!" Wyatt calls to the girl as he found the body.

Y/n went up to him to see.

He pulled the drawer to reveal an bearded man. Then grabbed a recorder. "Thursday, 7:23 pm. The body is that of a 50 year old male."

Wyatt lifted the sheet and gestured to Y/n. "Lacerations and defensive wounds appear on both hands. What remains of the chest and torso indicates a frenzied attack. Subject is almost entirely disemboweled." Y/n explains to the recorder.

Wyatt bent down and looked at the man's lower body. "This is curious. Subject's left foot is missing, it appears to have been chewed off at the ankle."

Just then the doors swung open and Thing crawled in.

"Have you seen a left foot anywhere?" Y/n asks.

Thing began to tap frantically.

"Calm down. Who is coming?" He asks.

Thing tapped again and scurried off to hide. Wyatt shoved the body in, grabbed Y/n and went to find a hiding spot too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sheriff Galpin and a doctor entered the building and took off their coats.

"Appreciate you coming back to the office, Doc." The sheriff thanks.

"No problem sheriff. Whatever I can do to help." The doctor answers.

They entered the morgue.

"Whatever or whoever is responsible for all these killings. In all my life, I have never seen injuries like them. I thought you should see this before I issued my report on the latest victim. It's a real noodle scratcher."