Chapter 38- Uncle Fester

Wyatt and Fester walked side by side in the forest. 

"How long have you been stalking me?" Wyatt asks.

"Just blew into town this morning. And was hit by a wave of nostalgia." Fester explained. 

Wyatt furrowed his brows. "I thought you didn't go to nevermore?" 

"I didn't, your dad had all the brains, but I used to drop in on him. Usually with a dagger clutched between my teeth. Just kept him on his toes." Fester said giddily. 

"Of course." Wyatt smiled.

"He filled me on what's going on. Monsters, murder, mayhem. What fun!" Fester exclaimed. "I told him I had a job in Boston, but I'd be checking in on you."

"What kind of job?" 

"The kind that means I need to lay low for a couple of days." Fester admits sheepishly.

Wyatt smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wyatt lead his Uncle Fester to the Hummers shack where he could stay for a bit. He froze, not expecting Y/n to be standing there.

Y/n turned around from the bees to look at the door, also freezing when she saw Wyatt standing there, with a strange man behind him. Obviously, they didn't expect each other to be standing there. 

Y/n blinked. "Um...hi?" Y/n greets questioningly.

"Hi..." Wyatt whispers back, speechless at the sight of her. 

Fester looked between the two, sensing the tension. He leaned towards Wyatt whispering. "Has this place been compromised? Do we need to kill her?" Fester asked not-so-quietly. 

Y/n's eyes widened. "I...what?" She asked. 

"NO!" Wyatt snaps, turning towards the girl. "What are you doing here?" He asked. 

"Checking in on the bees. What are you doing here? And who is this?" Y/n asked frowning. 

"This is my Uncle Fester." Wyatt introduced as Fester waved his fingers at her, Y/n waved back awkwardly. "Uncle Fester, this is Y/n." 

Fester's eyes widened as he realized who she was. "Oh! Hi! You must me Wyatt's girlfriend." He walked to her and shook her hand. "I've heard a lot about you! And your exceptional grave-digging skills!" 

Y/n laughed softly. "Um...thank you?" 

"Uncle Fester needs a place to stay for a while...I told him he could stay here." Wyatt explained. "Is...Is that alright?" He checks. 

"Yeah...I guess." 

They both looked at each other awkwardly. 

"Um...I guess I will leave, I'm sure you guys need your own time, so...yeah. Bye." Y/n said as she walked towards the door, walking past Wyatt. 

Wyatt softly reached out his hand gently grabbing her wrist, asking her to stay. Y/n looked down, eyes brimming with tears, she wanted to stay, she really did. But, what Wyatt did was wrong and she is still mad at him.

Y/n bit her lip softly, and sucked in a breath. She unlatched her wrist from his hand and walked out the door. 

Wyatt stared after her sadly, guilt flooding him. 

Fester looked between his nephew and the door where Y/n was a few seconds ago. "You know...from what your parents told me. I expected you to be a little more...you know...romantic?"

"We...we had an argument." Wyatt explains. 

Fester gasped and nodded, not pushing the subject. He looked around the shack and noticed the little wood boxes the bees were sleeping in. 

"Ooh! I like a hideout the comes with snacks!" Fester exclaims happily. 

"Those bees are hibernating. They're practically Eugene's children." Wyatt said. 

Fester lifted one of the lids, excitedly picking up a bee.

"That means do not eat them!" Wyatt snaps. 

Fester looked at Wyatt noticing the glare on his face. He put the bee back and closed the lid. 

"You know when you give me that death stare of disapproval, you remind me of your mother. Speaking of scary things, you know what kind of monster you are dealing with?" Fester asked.

"I haven't been able to identify it." Wyatt answered as he took out Xavier's drawing of the monster and showed it to Fester.

"Ooooh." Fester hummed. "It's called a hyde." He answers. 

Wyatt's eyes widened. "As is Jekyll and Hyde?" Wyatt asked surprised.

"Mmhmm." Fester confirmed.

"You've seen one before?"

"Oh yeah. In 83, during my vacay in the Zurich institute for the Criminally Insane. It's where I got my first lobotomy. But you know lobotomies. They're like tattoos, can't just get one." Fester sighed shrugging.

"Tell me about the hyde." Wyatt demands. 

"Ah. Olga Malacova. Jeez, she had it all. Beauty, brains and penchant for necrophilia." Fester chuckled. "Olga was a pianist until one night she transformed in the middle of Chopin Sonata, massacred a dozen audience members, including 3 music critics." Fester explains. 

"What triggered her? Or did she change on her own?" Wyatt asked. 

Fester shrugged. "No idea. I only saw her in a group for electroshock therapy." 

"There has never been any mention of hydes in any outcast book." Wyatt mutters. "And, Nevermore has been reputed to have the best collection." 

"You try Nathaniel Faulkner's diary?" Fester suggests. 

Wyatt looked at him confused. 

"Hmm." Fester hums trying to remember. "Before he found Nevermore, Faulkner travelled the world. Recording every single type of outcast category in the world." Fester explained. 

"How do you know this?" Wyatt wondered. 

"You think your parents can't keep their hands off each other now, oy vey. I showed up unannounced in Gomez's dorm room. Let's just say I wasn't interrupting a pillow fight." Fester giggled winking at Wyatt. 

"Uncle Fester." Wyatt warned. "The diary. Where is it?" 

"Nightshade's library. Your dad parked me there and I should settle in for a long stretch. That's when I found the nifty little safe, hoping for a stash of money or jewels but instead I found a diary." Fester explained. 

Wyatt looked up, thinking. "We'll sneak into the Nightshade's library tonight. Mean while, lay low." Wyatt commands. 

Wyatt turned around, taking his umbrella, ready to leave when he turned around again. "If you are discovered, I will disown you and collect all the reward money toed to your capture." Wyatt threatened.

Fester nodded, "I'd expect nothing less." 

Fester smiled and waved Wyatt goodbye as he exited the shack. Once Wyatt closed the door behind him, he turned to the little bee house and lifted the lid, reaching his hand in. Before he could grab a bee, the door flew open revealing Wyatt.

"Leave the bees alone." Wyatt hissed.

Fester closed the lid and turned to Wyatt innocently as he chuckled. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiiiii, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter. 

Have a lovely day/ afternoon/ evening/ night!!!

All the love,

Hermione x