Chapter 48- Marilyn Thornhill = Laurel Gates

Eugene (aka the entire fandom's child) sat in his hospital bed playing with the stuffed bee he was given when Wyatt walked in. 

"Wyatt!" Eugene exclaims happily. 

"Eugene." Wyatt greets with a small smile. "Glad to see you're finally awake." 

"I heard that you and Y/n visited me all the time." Eugene asks teasingly. 

"Don't ever mention it again." Wyatt said blankly, half-joking.

Eugene chuckled a little.

"Listen, I wanted to tell you. Y/n and I shouldn't have gone to the Rave'N. We should have been there for you." Wyatt said apologetically. 

Eugene shook his head. "No, I should have listened to you both. Also, if you both hadn't gone. You and Y/n wouldn't have gotten back together. It's not your fault, it's the monster's."

"It's called the Hyde, by the way." Wyatt informs. "It's still out there. You can't go back to Nevermore. Not even to check on your bees. You have to listen to me. I though Hummers should stick together." 

Eugene thought for a moment. "That night, someone set fire to the cave." 

"Yes, Dr. Kinbott." Wyatt said slowly. 

"It's crazy that it was her. I don't remember much of what happened, I just saw someone wearing black and then those boots." 

"What about her boots?" Wyatt questioned. 

"There was an explosion of light, and I saw that the boots weren't black, they were red." Eugene explains. 

Wyatt's eyes widened in shock. He was wrong, Dr. Kinbott wasn't Laurel Gates. It was someone else...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ms. Thornhill stood in front of her greenhouse wearing RED boots and a blue jumpsuit. She was fiddling with a plant, and used a syringe to fill it up with some blue liquid. 

Suddenly the door opened, making her jump and turn around. 

"Wyatt! I thought you would be half way to New Jersey by now." She said shocked. 

"You can drop the act, Laurel." Wyatt told her. "Should have known it was you, faking your death, getting a job at Nevermore, Unlocking a Hyde. Usually, I love well-executed plans, but yours was a bit extreme, even for my taste."

"Oh dear," She whispered in fake concern, and discreetly stuck the syringe in her pockets. "Weems was right, you need psychiatric help, you can't just...throw wild accusations without consequences."

Wyatt chuckled. "They may be wild, but they're true. Tyler told me everything." 

From behind, Tyler walked out and looked at Thornhill.

"You know, initially I thought Kinbott used hypnosis to unlock Tyler. But you used a plant-derived chemical, didn't you?" Wyatt accused. 

Thornhill scoffed. 

"I know your father kept tabs on all the outcasts in town, so I assumed he told you ALL about the Galpin family secret, when you were a girl. Hence why you targeted Tyler, you manipulated him by showing what his mother was. What Tyler didn't know was that the truth wouldn't free him. It would enslave him to you." 

Wyatt stepped closer to Thornhill who was backed against that table. 

"And that was scary at first, so you used the shackles in the cave. He eventually became your servant. And when Kinbott got too close to the truth, you had Tyler kill her then pin it ALL on Xavier."