Chapter 37- Funeral

Hiiii, 

I want to thank you all for 124K reads and 92 followers!!! I'm so happy you all love this book, and I absolutely love the support you give me! It inspires me to keep writing, Thank you all so much again for your support, I have no idea what I would do without you all, I am not able to express my gratitude towards you all in words, which I am very sorry for, but she know I am forever grateful and I am always here for you all. 

Enjoy the new chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All of Jericho gathered around the cemetery for Mayor Walker's funeral. Rain beat down on the people, as they held up their black umbrellas. 

"I enjoy funerals.

Wyatt stood at the back observing everyone at the funeral. His eyes stopping at Y/n multiple times,  he couldn't get her out of his mind, she was like a plague in his mind. He feared the very thing he promised himself, and his mother that he would not do...falling in love. 

"I've been crashing them since I was old enough to read the obituary section.

 Everyone stood around Mayor Walker's coffin that was covered in flowers as a priest read from the Bible.

"Mayor Walker was murdered, and I know the killer is here, standing innocently among us, plotting their next move ..." 

Wednesday looked to Lucas and Mayor Walker's wife.

"And watching everything I do." Wednesday looked to Xavier, who was standing next to (Y/n).

"I know I'm close to the truth. I have all the pieces of the jigsaw. I just need to slot them into place."

Bianca stood across from Lucas and glanced at him, and he glanced back at her as his mother was embraced by Sheriff Galpin. Ajax pulled Enid close to him, and Xavier wrapped a comforting arm around (Y/n)'s shoulder who laid her head on his shoulder, which made Wednesday tighten his grip on his umbrella.

"I must look past the tears and mask of grief. Until now I may have been outmatched and outmaneuvered, but the final gambit still has to played."

The crowd began to disperse going back to their homes Wyatt didn't move. 

"The killer will make a mistake, and when they do....I will be ready.

Wyatt turned to his right, his eyes widened when he noticed a tall figure dressed in black with a black fedora on the person's head. The figure noticed Wyatt staring and ran away, Wyatt quickly following.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The figure ran into the woods with Wyatt chasing them. He stepped into a puddle of water and watched the figure hide in the trees. Wyatt quietly followed, but when he reached the tree, no one was there. The figure had disappeared? 

Wyatt looked around, still alert. He didn't notice the person dropping down behind him. Wyatt turned around and pulled him down behind him. Wednesday was quick to react and pulled a hidden blade from his umbrella and swung at the figure.

The figure grabbed the blade in between his hands, and sent blueelectricity down the sword to Wednesday's hand, shocking him. 

He dropped the blade and looked at the figure in confusion.

"Still as sharp as ever, my little protégé." A voice spoke.

Wednesday smiled, recognizing the voice. "Uncle Fester."

The figure removed his hat to reveal a pale, bald man with darkcircles around his eyes. He smiled at Wednesday and let out a smallchortle and nodded.