Chapter 27- Truth be told

A/N:

39K reads......what the actual frick? 39K READS!!! Jesus christ, thank you, so much! I appreciate and love you guys so freaking much!!!!

Enjoyyyy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wyatt sat in the police station in front of the glass waiting for his father. An officer brought Gomez into the room, unlocked his handcuffs and sat him on a stool directly in front of the glass. He wore an orange jumpsuit instead of his normal pinstriped. He looked bad as in not too bad but like he looked...stressed almost.

Thing crawled to the glass and pressed against it. Gomez smiled sadly and pressed his hand where Thing was. 

Gomez then turened to Wyatt. "My little tormenta. How is your mother?"

"Devastated. She hates you in orange. Y/n and I caught her lying a rose on a grave earlier today. The headstone read 'Garret Gates.' The very boy you have been arrested for murdering. Care to explain?"

Gomez took in a deep breath. "Garret was infatuated with your mother.  He mistook her kindness for interest. His infatuation turned into obsession and he started stalking her."

"Why didn't you call the police?"

"We tried. But his family was the oldest and richest in Jericho. No one believed us. Garret's father an outcast hating bigot, was furious that your mother had accused his only son. It all came to a head at the night of the Rave'N dance..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~The night at the Rave'N~

A young Gomez stood outside of the dance, when a young Morticia came up behind him.

"We stepped outside to catch our breath"

Which to them was just making out without others watching them. They were kissing when Garret Gates stormed up the stairs towards them.

"Addams!" He yelled.

"And that's when I saw him. He had broken into the school. His twisted love for your mother had made him insane."

Gomez turned to look at Garret and saw his furious glare.

"His eyes bore into mine, brimming with murderous intent."

Morticia pushed Gomez away. "Go. Get out of here, he won't hurt me."

Gomez ran out of the room, Garret grabbed the sword from the mantle and chased Gomez.

"Garret, no! Garret stop!" Morticia shouts. Garret didn't listen.

He chased Gomez up to the second floor of the quad, and Gomez grabbed a metal stick and began to fight Garret.

(Wait...Garret isn't Garret, he is Carrot :), I'm sorry that was so bad XD)

"My life flashed before my eyes. Driven by jealousy and hate, Garret was unstoppable."

The two men fought on the roof, Garret grunting and swinging his sword at Gomez.

Garret kicked Gomez in the chest, sending him into a pillar. He tried to stab Gomez but Gomez dodged and knocked the sword out of Garret's hand. 

Gomez attempted to hot Garret but Garret stopped him and punched him in the face. Garret threw Gomez on the ground sat on top of him and punched him several times then started strangling him.

Gomez managed to get Garret off of him. Gomez then backed away, where the sword was...

"When I saw the sword, my survival instincts kicked in."

Gomez picked up the sword as Garret got up and charged at him. Gomez raised the sword and stabbed Garret through the stomach.

"It was a terrible accident"

Garret and Gomez stood still staring at each other, in shock of the events that just took place. Gomez pulled the sword out of Garret, Garret stood upright for a moment but then he fell down right in front of Weems who shrieked in horror and looked up to see Gomez looking down at the scene, sword still in hand.

~end of vision~

Gomez looked down at the ground in sadness as he recalled the memory and he let out a deep sigh.

"If I'm being objective. His confession sounds entirely plausible. Delivered with the perfect degree of sincerity. Perhaps my father is exactly what he says."

Wyatt stared a this father then spoke up. "Thank you for being so honest with me."

Gomez nodded.

"But there is a matter of his tales. The way he smoothed his moustache, the way he delivers a comforting wink. I've been playing Russian Roulette with him since I was twelve. I know them well."

"I'm sorry I wasn't a better father." Gomez apologizes sobbing.

"Could we please do this without the overt display of emotions?" Wyatt deadpanned.

Gomez nodded and collected himself. "I know they make you feel uncomfortable."

"How many fathers hand their son a fencing blade when he's five years old?" Wyatt asks.

"Your saber strokes were an essay of perfection." Gomez compliments proudly.

"Or teach him how to swim with sharks?"

"They found you as cold-blooded as I do."

"The right way to flay a rattlesnake?"

"They really do taste like chicken when prepared properly."

"The point I'm trying to make is, you taught me how to be strong and independent. How to navigate myself in a world full of treachery and prejudice. You are the reason I understand how imperative it is that I never loose sight of myself. So as far as fatherhood goes, I would say you have been more than adequate." Wyatt compliments.

"Gracias Wyatt."

Wyatt nodded in reply and walked away but Gomez stopped him. "Y/n is a lovely girl..." Gomez told him smirking.

Wyatt paused and turned around to look him.

"She is sweet and she cares for you, so much. I can see the love she has for you in her eyes. And I see the same in your eyes. Don't let her go, Wyatt." Gomez advises his son.

Wyatt couldn't help but smile, she loves him? He knows he loves her too, a lot. "I won't." Wyatt promises then leaves. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Ayyy Chapter 27- done and dusted!! PLease vote and comment if you like this story.

Also, Wattpad told me that my story is eligible for the Watty's 2023 contest. Please let me know if I should enter!

Also, my boyfriend sucks. He sucks so much. They boy is refusing to hug me because someone read our texts and I'm trying not to freak out.

Alright. Sorry for bothering all of you with my troubles. 

Byeee.

Love,

Hermione <3