Chapter 10- Extracurricular activities

A/N:

Ahhh, thank you all so much for so many reads!! I didn't expect so many people to like the book, anyway please keep commenting!! I would love to see your thoughts.

Wyatt voice over: "I've always hated that expression 'write what you know'. It's a hall pass for the imagination-inspired. But when your life becomes a twisted mystery...maybe it's time to lean into it'.

Wyatt sat at his desk in his dorm and was typing furiously on his typewriter. Wyatt stopped typing, grabbed the paper form the machine, crumpled in a ball and threw it away. 

Wyatt grabbed the piece of paper Rowan showed him and held it close to his face, he noticed something where the lamp shined on the picture it was a symbol of a flower with a skull in the middle.

~In Weems' office~ 

Wyatt burst into Weems' office.

"Where is Rowan? I need to speak to him." Wyatt demands.

"That won't be possible I'm afraid. He's been expelled" Weems replies typing on her computer.

"For what?" Wyatt asks Weems like she is the dumbest person he has ever seen.

"Never you mind. He'll be on the first train out this afternoon. What were you and Y/n doing with him in the first place?" 

"I told you already, we both heard a noise in the forest and went to investigate" Wyatt answers frustrated.

Weems scoffed at him "that excuse might have worked on the Sheriff, but you can't fool me. You had a vision didn't you." She accused squinting at him.

Wyatt didn't reply which confirmed her suspicions.

"I realized you might be having them when we passed by the accident and you knew that the farmer had broken his neck. Your mother started having visons when she was your age. They were notoriously unreliable and dangerous. I remember at first, she thought she might be loosing her mind. Have you spoken to her about them?"

Wyatt fidgeted uncomfortably.

"Clearly the person withholding the information is you." 

"May I go now?" Wyatt asks already turning around to leave.

"Not until you've picked your extracurricular activities, we want our students to be well-rounded" Weems smiled.

"I prefer to remain sharp edged" Wyatt told her.

Weems ignored the comment "I've taken the liberty of putting together a list of clubs that have openings." She handed him a clipboard.

Wyatt looked down at the clipboard with annoyance and disgust "How...thoughtful." he strained out.

"You need to have picked one by the end of the day. I'll be keeping my eye on you. No doubt you will find something that tickles your fancy."

Wyatt reluctantly picked the clipboard "The last time a person tickled me lost their finger." He said and walked away.

~In the quad~

Wyatt stood in the hallway that lead to the quad and he was speaking to Thing.

"Weems is clearly trying to keep tabs on me. And you need to keep an eye on Rowan, don't let him out of your sight." He orders.

Thing crawled away from Wyatt and entered the quad where Bianca was leading the choir practice.

He approached Bianca who glared at him looked him up and down with dislike.