Chapter 16- Crackpot

The crowd of Nevermore students got out of the bus for Pilgrim World. It looked like a village from the 1600's.

"Welcome to Pilgrim World. Witch trial everyday!" An old man shouts.

Wyatt entered entered Pilgrim World and immediately began looking for Y/n. He found her standing beside Eugene who was taking photos of Bianca and Yoko.

"Y/n." Wyatt whispers into your ear gently grabbing your arm.

Y/n jumped and spun around "Wyatt, what are you doing here? I thought you were at the antique store?"

"I switched with Enid. I needed to check out Pilgrim world." He told her. "Will you help me?" He asks after a second thought.

Y/n smiles softly "Yeah sure, I want to solve the mystery as well."

Wyatt nods "Okay, good"

"Hey Wyatt, Y/n, want to grab a Hummers photo?" Eugene asks.

Y/n shook her head 'no' with a guilty look on her face and Wyatt just stared at him.

"...Guess not."

"Good Morrow, my Nevermore kin." A lady announces.

Everyone turned to face a red-headed woman dressed as a Pilgrim.

"I am Mistress Arlene. A real OC. Original Colonist. Now Prithee, put your cell phones on vibrate and make haste, for you are about to travel back in town to the year of our Lord 1625, to Jericho's first pilgrim settlement."

She turned around and walked further into Pilgrim World, the students followed her. She stopped in front of a building in the middle of the town and turned around again to the students.

"Yonder. Behold, the meeting house. Inside is a collection of artifacts related to Jericho's most beloved and pious founder, Joseph Crackstone. Any beyond is our privy,  America's first gender neutral restroom."

Wyatt stepped forward. "I haveth a query."

"Pray, be quick, child."

"In the meeting house, which of Joseph Crackstone's artifacts are on display?"

"It is truly a treasure trove, including original farming tools, tableware, and Crackstone's family chamber part."

"I would rather have 'The Wizard and the Hopping pot'." You mumble angrily.

"Whateth youeth sayeth, child?" Arlene asks you.

Wyatt sent you a quick glare. "Sound interesting, I volunteer myself and my girlfriend to work in there." 

You blush hard at what he said, but then you got confused. One day he treats you like a princess and the next you are nothing to him. Boys are truly confusing.

"Pray, no. That exhibit is being renovated." Arlene tells him. "Today, thou, will be working at the beating heart of Pilgrim World."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A sign was hung above a building that said 'Ye Old Fudgery'.

The students were outside while Arlene came holding Pilgrim outfits.

"Ye Old Fudgery?" Eugene read excited.

"More like 'ye old diabetes in a box'" Wyatt grumbles.

"Volunteers, pick up thine ears. Fudge is the lifeblood of our humble community. And samples equal sales, so grab a uniform and a box, and make our forefathers proud."

Wyatt picked up a collar. "Are these for muzzling tourists?" Wyatt asks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~