Chapter 15- Outreach day

Wyatt stood in the quad with all the other students looking at the book when Principal Weems caught everyone's attention for an announcement.

"All students will report to their volunteer jobs at 10:00 am sharp, followed by a community lunch at 1 pm." She announced.

Wyatt put the purple book in his bag and turned to face Weems.

"As you know, this years Outreach day culminates in a very special event, the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square, which will also include performances by Nevermore students."

All the students mumbled excitedly around themselves at that.

"As representatives of our school, I trust you will all put your best face forward."

Two faceless students glance at each other, that's mean.

The staff walked towards the crowd of students and handed each of them an envelope that explained their volunteer jobs.

Enid bounced her way to him while Y/n walked right after Enid.

"Yes, we got Pilgrim world." Enid squealed excited. "I do have natural people skills and a love for performance, so it's kind of an obvi choice."

Y/n smiles at Enid's enthusiasm, then looked at Wyatt "what did you get?" She asks.

He opened his envelope and pulled out the card "Uriah's heap, whatever that is." He replies.

Y/n nods, on the inside she was slightly disappointed that Wyatt wouldn't be with her.

Enid grimaced in response "It's this weird creepy antique store. You'll love it though. I'm crossing my claws Ajax and I will be outreaching together."

You grimaced in response, boys are very confusing people honestly. You never know how they feel.

Enid looked over at Ajax, who was already looking at her with a smile. Okay maybe he was not an ugly dish soap, but he is clueless as ever.

Enid walked over to Ajax just as Weems walked over to Wyatt and Y/n.

"Wyatt, don't worry about your cello. I will have it brought to the town square this afternoon." She tells.

Wyatt looked confused "my cello?"

"I caught your rooftop serenade the other night. Impressive. I volunteered you to accompany the Jericho High School marching band at the ceremony. I'm sure it won't be too challenging to play an uplifting Fleetwood Mac Melody." Weems asks smiling.

"As long as you promise to hang me as a wizard afterwards." Wyatt replies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A black school bus parked in the parking lot at Jericho, all the Nevermore students hopped out of the school bus. When Wyatt walked out he noticed Xavier staring at a brick wall that had a white square painted on it.

"Why are you staring at a blank wall?" Wyatt asked.

"Because it wasn't blank last outreach day." Wyatt grumbles back in anger, knowing who was responsible for that.

Wyatt noticed his annoyed mood "Are you still stewing because I rejected your invitation?" He asks.

Xavier shrugged "I don't know. I mean I did go out on a limb for you."

Wyatt scoffed "Oh please. Y/n and I are just cannon fodders against whatever cold war you're waging against Bianca. I have more pressing issues in my mind"

Xavier turns to him annoyed "Yeah? Like what?"

"Tracking down the monster that killed your former roommate."