Chapter 39- Make up

Wyatt sat down on his desk typing away on his typewriter with furrowed eyebrows the frustration clear on his face.

"My novel started off as a twisted fiction, but somehow, reality has turned it into my own personal looking glass."

Wyatt lifted the paper as it reached the end, placing it on top of the rest of the pile. 

"My visit to the Gates' Mansion has left me with so many questions."

Wyatt opened his bedside drawer and pulled out Laurel's music box.

"If Laurel Gates died 20 years ago then who is sleeping in her bedroom? Why do they have photos of me? And what's there connection with the Hyde?

Wyatt noticed the jewellery on his finger as he took the box, he sighed softly. He missed Y/n so much, he doesn't deserve her, she is too sweet, kind and pure for him. Wyatt wished he could let her go, but he couldn't stand the thought of her holding hands and kissing another man. Wyatt wished he wouldn't have screwed up with the gates Mansion, he knew Y/n, Enid and Tyler would do anything for me, why was he such an idiot. He wished he could make Y/n realise how much he loves her, but boys...they're dumb and love hurting us girls :(. 

"How do  make Y/n forgive me?

Wyatt turned his rotating chair to the wall separating Y/n's dorm from his. He wished he could tell her how much he missed her, and hoped she missed him too.

"Goody predicted this quest for answers would become a lonely pursuit. Of course, Goody is nowhere to be found when I need her. The dead are so unreliable when it comes to helping the living."

Wyatt shoved the music box back into the drawer, shutting it in frustration, not knowing how loud the sound was. 

"The dead can be as annoying as the living.

Wyatt groaned leaning back on his chair. 

Suddenly a knock was heard and the door opened revealing Y/n poking her head in. Wyatt stilled in his chair. Staring at her in admiration. 

"What are you doing here?" Wyatt asked harshly and he mentally kicked himself for acting like an idiot. He was supposed to ask her to forgive him, not make her more hurt then she already was. 

Y/n looked down. "I wanted to check if you're okay...I heard a noise-"

"I'm fine. Can you leave me alone? I have to finish this case without any obstacles." Wyatt scolds and he mentally kicked himself. 

Y/n scoffed folding her arms across her chest. "Oh so I was a 'obstacle'?" Y/n asked incredulously.

Wyatt opened his mouth to speak but he closed it. 

Y/n stared at him hurt, tears filling her eyes. "Alright then. I'm leaving, I am obviously nothing but a 'obstacle' to you. I'll get out of your way, I hope you enjoy your time alone." Y/n said angrily and walked towards the door, before she could reach a pair of arms wrapped around her waist stopping her. 

"You are not an obstacle." Wyatt told her firmly.

Y/n removed his arms from around her turning around to face him. "Well then if I am not then why would you say that?" Y/n asked angrily.

Wyatt opened his mouth to explain for the second time, and of course nothing came out.

Y/n chuckled angrily. "I thought so." She whispers wiping tears from her eyes as she turned around ready to leave.

Wyatt's hand reached out and shut the door, preventing Y/n from leaving.

Y/n groaned turning to him. "Wyatt I-!" She was cut off by a kiss from Wyatt, his body pushed her against the door trapping her.