Chapter 8- The monster

Enid, Wyatt and Y/n stood in front of the entrance of the Harvest Festival, surrounded by games, rides and a lot of people. You felt nervousness kick in a the sight of so many people. 

The three of them were watching Tyler and his dad argue.

"Are you sure we can trust the normie?" Enid asks skeptically

"I trust that I can take care of myself" he answers.

"I trust Tyler" You reply.

"I don't want you talking to him, and you have to be home by 12" The Sheriff orders.

"1" Tyler argues back.

(A/N: oH tAlKiNg BaCk? I swear I hate it when parents do that) 

"12:30" the Sheriff decides and walks off.

Enid turned to Wyatt "Well, good luck and safe travels" Enid said.

She went to go hug Wyatt but he stepped back.

"Still not a hugger, got it." She said and walked off.

You turned to face Wyatt "So...this is goodbye, I guess" Wyatt turned to look at her but he saw Weems staring at them and he felt his eye twitch in anger realizing it wouldn't be this easy to escape. 

"This my nu-" you said but were cut off by Wyatt "hold my hand" he demands.

"I-what?" You ask shocked.

"Hold my hand" he repeats.

You look at him confused and surprised "Weems is watching, Y/n" he grits out looking between you and Weems. 

You felt slightly disappointed but complied anyway and placed your hand in his outstretched one. He interwined your fingers and walked towards the festival.

You both walked towards the dart stall "awww" you coo as you saw one of the bee plushies hung up "It's adorable!" You let go of Wyatt's hand and rushed towards it.

Wyatt decided he wanted to win you a stuffed toy and walked towards the game. He hit every single one of them when Xavier walked up to them.

"Jeez, if you're gonna hit anymore you will be bringing an entire swarm of them." Xavier jokes.

"Bees prefer to make honey in solitude." 

"Okay, subtle hint taken." Xavier chuckles.

"Sorry Xavi, Wyatt is just getting impatient waiting for someone." You reply.

"Oh, wh-"

"Sorry I'm late, didn't mean to interrupt" Tyler said.

Xavier frowned "You're not" he says and walks away.

"This is going to be trickier than I thought, my dad hit me with a curfew. We need to go right now if I can make it back in time."

"We've got some dead weight we need to lose first" Wyatt spoke gesturing towards Weems who was busy eating a cheeseburger while staring at them.

"Meet us behind the parking lot when the firework starts" Wyatt whispers to Tyler who nods and walks away.

"You see that sad lonely woman over there, I need you to distract her" Wyatt said handing the worker some cash who took a giant teddy and walked away to Weems.

"Aw" You mumble sadly as the worker walked away.

Wyatt sighed in annoyance and grabbed one of the stuffed animals and handed it to you. 

"Here, now let's go." He said grabbing your hand and walking off.

The two made it outside just as the fireworks started. "Hey before you leave, I want you to have this." Tyer says handing him a folder "It's your dad's police file from when he was from Nevermore." Tyler explains.