22

Chapter 22

In the Byron’s house.

“Lamont, I heard that you met that woman yesterday?”

Macey took a sip of coffee. Meanwhile, Leila placed a piece of cake in front of her.

A trace of displeasure flashed through Lamont’s eyes as he said, “Yes, I met her.”

With a clicking sound, Macey put down the coffee cup and said gently, “Don’t think about that

woman anymore. Hurry to marry Leila. Your uncle and I will be more at ease.”

Lamont narrowed his eyes slightly. “Grandpa has just gone. It’s not suitable to have a wedding

now.”

Leila almost smashed the cup.

The second time… Lamont rejected her for the second time.

“It’s precisely because your grandpa has gone that you have to have a wedding to bring luck to our family, and your uncle can also help you to manage the company.”

Thinking of Draven, who did not like her when he was alive and almost delayed Lamont’s marriage, Macey lost her appetite.

“No need.”

Lamont stood up. “I’ll go to the company. Leila will take good care of you. The card can be swiped at will.”

Leila was very happy but suddenly received a message.

It was from the court, and the trial would start tomorrow.

Leila felt cold. Even though she comforted herself that she had done it perfectly, Leila panicked at the thought of what Amelie had said that day.

Leila immediately told Macey that Amelie was about to sue her.

“What did you say? How dare Amelie want to sue you? Didn’t she go to jail?”

Macey was very shocked. These days, she had been checking the property of the Byron family. She didn’t care about the matter of Amelie but didn’t expect that there would be such a big “mistake“.

“Macey, I haven’t done it. It’s Amelie to blame. I don’t know which powerful person she has hooked up with. Not only is she acquitted, but she also wants to frame me. Please help me.”

“What a bitch. Amelie is really scheming. Don’t worry. Leave this to me. I will let that woman suffer.”

“Ms. Mullen, this is our plan…”

Suddenly, the phone rang, and Amelie waved her hand.

“Amelie, where are you?”

Amelie sat on the chair and looked at the traffic outside the window. She said casually, “It’s you, old woman. Are you risking your neck to call me?”

“W–Who do you think you are talking to?”

“I’m talking to the one who answered me. Well, just say it.”

“How dare you!”

“Amelie, why are you so rude to your elders? Macey is just worried about you.” Leila’s voice sounded over the phone.

“Worried about me? You’d better be worried about yourself. Remember to dress yourself up on the day you go to court. Maybe a lot of people will watch you.”

The return of the disguised princessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara