58

Chapter 58 Negotiation

Tick…

Tick…

Amelie looked at the drenched Lamont in front of her, who was dripping water from his hair onto the floor, creating a particularly crisp sound.

“Are you … alright?” Amelie was torn between whether to hand him a towel or not.

Lamont, however, remained silent. From his heavy breathing, Amelie could tell that he was burning with anger now.

“That’s really impressive.”

In almost an instant, Lamont stood up and came to her side.

Amelie felt his icy–cold hand grab her neck from behind, pinching her flesh like an eagle catching a chick.

She shivered and bounced up from her seat as if she had been electrocuted, grabbing the cloth lying on the back of the chair and throwing it at him.

“Lamont, stop looking at me like that! If it weren’t for your harassment, our relationship wouldn’t have become so

tense.”

Thinking of how Lamont had pestered her just now, Amelie immediately regained her confidence.

Lamont ignored her and instead started wiping the water stains off his designer suit with a handkerchief.

He was imposing without anger, which might be the best way to describe his current state.

“Forget it. Let’s talk about Rick’s matter.” Lamont tried to suppress his anger and make his voice sound gentle.

“There’s nothing to talk about.” Amelie retorted irritably, “I just took off your mask and made everyone see your true

face.”

Lamont didn’t waste any words and took out a check from his suit pocket. “Here, you can fill in any amount you want. Just make Rick come out and clarify that he intentionally smeared Prosperity Global.”

Amelie stared at the check on the table in disbelief and thought, what is he doing? Is he looking down at the Mullen family?

How could my family stoop to such little money?

“Lamont, is this all you’ve got?” She grabbed the check and tore it to shreds before throwing it in front of Lamont. “Do you know how long Rohan has been set aside because of Prosperity Global’s crackdown? You think his lost years can be compensated with just this insignificant amount?

“And those artists you used all kinds of despicable means to poach from Starry Sea Entertainment. Because of the existence of people like you, the entertainment industry has been murky for so long!”

“Are you done yet?” Lamont looked at her impatiently.

“No! I’m not done yet! Listen! Improper competition is absolutely not allowed at any time and any place!

“If you don’t give me a clear and positive answer today, I will report Prosperity Global to the Industry and Commerce Bureau and let them thoroughly investigate how many hidden irregularities the so–called biggest entertainment company has!”

“Don’t be so ridiculous!” Lamont threw the towel he had been clutching onto the table and walked a few steps closer

Chapter 58 Negotiation

1/3

Get Bonus

to Amelie.

“What value does an entertainment company have if it cannot even provide good resources? Our company just provided a better platform for those artists. What’s wrong with that?”

Amelie almost laughed out of anger.

She had never encountered such a person who had a robber’s mentality but thought he was benevolent.

“Since that, why don’t you just acquire all the entertainment companies on the market and gather all the artists in your company!”

Lamont replied nonchalantly, “That’s exactly what I want.”

“Alright, Lamont. Since you’re not here to make amends today, there’s nothing to talk about between us.” After saying that, Amelie picked up her bag and was about to leave.

However, Lamont’s hand clasped her hand tightly.

“Whether you agree or not, you have to help me with this matter since you caused it!” Lamont’s stern voice was like

thunder in her ears!

“You think you…”

Just when Amelie was about to turn around and continue to confront him, Lamont’s face was already in front of her,

and their noses were already pressed together.

“Me what? Keep going on.”

Lamont stared at her flushed cheeks and felt extremely pleased in his heart. The matter of having just been splashed with water had already been thrown to the back of his mind.

Yuck!

Amelie had her ways of dealing with people like him. She directly spat on his face.

“Shame on you!”

Amelie looked at him with disgust. But just as she was about to leave, a brilliant idea popped into her head.

“Actually, there is room for negotiation on this matter.”

Lamont raised his eyebrows and wondered, I thought you had changed and no longer loved money.

But now it seems that you are still like those vulgar businessmen and could easily be bought with money.

His interest in her plummeted when he thought of that.

“Sorry, I only brought one check. But if you don’t mind, maybe you can pick it up and put it together.” Lamont

shrugged and sat down with an indifferent expression, his two legs casually crossed.

He thought I wanted more money?

Do I look like someone who needs money?

“Don’t be that ridiculous. I’m not interested in your check at all.” Amelie curled her lips in disdain and sat down

opposite him.

“Three months later, there will be a large–scale performance in Oakland. You also know it, right?”

“How do you know that?” Lamont immediately dropped his indifferent expression. The organizers kept this matter

Chapter 58 Negotiation

2/1

Get Borus

confidential, and all the programs were predetermined. It was not easy for them to get this information and secure a spot.

“It seems that you know about it. Well, my condition is simple. If your company gives up that spot, then I’ll consider helping you.”

“That’s impossible.”

Lamont rejected it without even thinking about it. When Macey secured the spot, she reminded him to select the most outstanding artist in the company to perform. She hoped that Prosperity Global could take a firm foothold in the Oakland market with this performance.

“Don’t reject so quickly,” Amelie was not surprised by his reaction. “On one side is the reputation of your company, and on the other side is just a small performance opportunity. I believe you can’t tell which is more important, right?”

Facing Lamont’s probing gaze, she fearlessly met it.

When did she become so courageous?

And her family, the Mullen family. It surprised me again and again. But guess what? I will not be manipulated. I will soon have a crucial piece of information.

“Let me think about it for a few days. I can’t make the decision alone.”