75

Chapter 75 Memories

“Let’s go home first. Our parents didn’t say anything about the Aylward family you asked me to ask. They just said they wanted to talk to you face to face. What’s more, Rex suddenly fainted. We need to find a doctor to check his body.”

Aaron arranged things well as he drove.

In the dark, a Mercedes–Benz, escorted by six off–road cars, galloped in the direction of the Mullen’s villa.

“It’s getting late. Why haven’t Amelie and the two brats come back yet? What are they busy with?” Eden looked at the table full of dishes in front of him but didn’t eat.

Daron and Tyler looked at each other and did not make a sound.

They had received Rex’s message, but then they had also received Aaron’s message telling them to keep this matter a secret from their parents. Thus, Daron and Tyler would not say much.

“Amelie has always been naughty and playful. Maybe she was shopping somewhere and refused to leave. She would shop for a while before coming back.”

Daron remained calm on the surface and poured a glass of milk for Eden. “You eat first. You don’t have to wait for Amelie and the others.”

“No,” Eden pushed the glass of milk to the side. “The first meal that after Amelie returns must be eaten by the whole family together!”

“Alright. Your father’s just being childish.” Celia smiled as she peeled a piece of tangerine and stuffed it into Eden’s mouth. “But it is indeed strange. In the past, they should be home at around seven in the evening. It is already half past eight, but we still haven’t seen them. They didn’t even pick up the call…”

Just as she was speaking, there was movement from the door.

“We are back.”

Amelie’s listless voice was the first to be heard. Then, they saw Aaron supporting Rex in the house.

“What happened?”

Eden looked at his second son, who looked bad, and hurriedly got up to check on him.

“Maybe he has been tired these days and suddenly fainted, which shocked Amelie and me.” After Aaron handed him over to Tyler and Daron, he sat on the sofa, panting.

Eden seemed to see that he had something to say, so he asked the others to eat first while he and Aaron sat in the living room.

“What do you want to say?”

“Dad, make some time to arrange a physical examination for Rex these few days. He has always been in good health and will never faint casually. I am afraid…”

Aaron was shocked when he helped Rex up just now. Rex had always been strong in Aaron’s impression. Other than Sergio, almost no one in their family could fight him to a draw.

However, Rex’s weight on Aaron’s body was much lighter than before. He could not even believe that Rex had protected Amelie in Triad Warehouse.

Eden’s eyes darkened, and he patted Aaron’s shoulder to signal him to have dinner.

Chapter 75 Memories

1/3

Get Planos

The atmosphere around the dinner table was less cheerful than usual but had more worries.

“I’m full. I’ll go back to my room.”

Amelie took a few bites and stopped eating.

“Amelie,” Eden had been observing her reaction. Seeing that Amelie was about to leave, Eden called out to her, “Don’t you have something to ask me? Let’s go to the study and talk about it.”

Aaron looked up. Although he knew everything, he pretended that nothing had happened and continued to eat.

After following Eden to the study, Amelie stopped in front of a wall–high bookshelf.

A photo frame attracted her attention. There were five people on it, but she did not know any of them.

“Is this… Mr. Byron?”

Amelie pointed to the young man standing on the far right, vaguely coinciding with the appearance of Draven of the Byron family in her memory.

“You are right,” Eden slowly walked over. “Do you know who the other four are?”

“No, I don’t.”

Amelie shook her head honestly.

“Well,” Eden pointed at the man standing in the middle and smiling the most heartily. “This is your grandfather, Sean. He passed away early, shortly after your fourth brother was born.”

Ah…

So it was her grandfather.

Amelie touched the picture frame, and a sense of familiarity welled up in her heart for no reason.

Perhaps it was because she was often taken care of by Draven when she was in the Byron family, so she always liked to be close to the elder.

“What about the other three?”

Amelie noticed that the one standing on the far left was a woman with a bright smile. Even unhappy people would be happy to see such a smile.

“The five people in this photo are your grandfather and the previous heads of the Four Great Families. No, Conrad is still the head of the Hampson family.” Eden seemed to be talking to himself as he looked at the person in the photo in a daze.

“Dad, you haven’t answered my question.”

Amelie held his hand and acted like a spoiled child.

“From left to right, in order, the head of the Springer family, Zoey, the head of the Aylward family, Galloway, your grandfather, the head of the Hampson family, Conrad, and Draven.”

Eden gradually fell into his memories…

“Speaking of which, if our family were to participate in the family competition, it would be the Five Great Families, and we would be the head of the Five Great Families. It’s just that your grandfather was indifferent and didn’t want to face these affairs, so he was willing to quit and be a reclusive rich man in Oakland.

Chapter 75 Memories

2/3

Get Bonus

‘Besides, the Byron family had always wanted to befriend us, and your grandfather was willing to be a goody–goody. He often guided Draven in business, but they had never been intimate. I asked your grandfather about the reason. He said that Draven seemed he didn’t want to compete on the surface, but in fact, he had great ambition. If he went too close with Draven, it was inevitable that there would be some trouble.”

Eden sighed. He slowly walked in front of the table and sat down.

“It turns out that your grandfather really has a pair of sharp eyes that can see through the hearts of the people in this world.”

Amelie asked impatiently, “And then?”

“Then? Then, Draven used his own strength to change the status of the Byron family in the Four Great Families. Others didn’t know, but your grandfather knew that Zoey, the Springer family’s head, and Draven were childhood sweethearts. She had always liked Draven, and the two families also intended to marry each other. In this way, the Byron family could surpass the Hampson family and jump to third place.

“At that time, the wedding was arranged properly, and the Byron family was waiting for the next day to marry Zoey into the family. But unexpectedly, the thing that made everyone drop their jaws appeared. Draven escaped the marriage!

“The head of the Springer family waited a whole day, but she still didn’t see Draven. Later, according to your grandfather, Draven met Zoey in private that night. They said something secretly, and Zoey agreed to the request of not having a wedding but secretly dating.”

Amelie swallowed. She didn’t expect that the kind Draven of the Byron family was so scheming at that time.

“But everyone ignored one thing, and that was that Galloway also admired Zoey’s beauty!”