93

Chapter 93 The Suspect

Macey was obviously shocked by Willard’s imposing manner. After a moment of absent–mindedness, she shouted righteously, “At that time, I told you to prepare two mints in case of emergencies. You insisted on one! Now, Lamont didn’t eat it, but another man died for it!”

Her words made Willard speechless.

“Give me an explanation. What should we do now?”

After gaining the upper hand, Macey didn’t stop, continuously interrogating him.

A trace of viciousness flashed across Willard’s face. “Then make sure he can’t come

out!”

“What do you mean?”

Willard did not answer. Instead, he slowly returned to his chair and poured himself a

cup of tea.

“I say, can you be a little more attentive? You hold this broken teapot all day long!” Macey was so angry that she took the dark–red enameled teapot from Willard’s hand and slammed it on the corner of the table.

Crack.

Willard’s expression instantly darkened and there was no hint of a smile in his eyes.

Facing Willard’s sullen face, Macey waved her hand nonchalantly. “I didn’t do it on purpose. I didn’t expect your teapot to be so fragile. I’ll buy one for you another day.”

Willard could even feel his blood boiling.

He desperately clenched his fists and took a few deep breaths before calming down.

“No need. It’s just a dark–red enameled teapot,” he said as he bent down and picked up

the fragments. “I have more at home.”

After he was done, Willard clapped and stood up straight. “Didn’t you just say that Lamont would definitely be aware of our actions? It just so happens that he’s now taken

to the police station. Let him stay there forever.”

“You mean to make him our scapegoat?”

“Why not?”

Willard seemed to be talking about something that had nothing to do with him. “In any case, our goal is to make him disappear. Right now, we’re just changing the way we do

it.”

“Then…”

Macey looked at Willard with anticipation.

“I’ll deal with it. You don’t have to worry about it.‘

Hearing this, Macey patted Willard’s chest in relief. “As I said, I will rest assured after leaving the matter to you.”

Lamont, who was brought to the police station as a suspect, was not flustered at all. Instead, he calmly looked at the newspaper provided by the police station.

“Mr. Byron, I’m sorry.”

Miriam glanced at the security guard who was standing beside Lamont with a serious face and muttered in a low voice.

“What do you mean by sorry?”

Lamont shook the newspaper and flipped to the next side.

“About that mint.” Miriam’s voice became smaller and smaller, almost inaudible, “Ms. Aylward told me to prepare mint for you. She also told me that you didn’t like to eat mints of other brands and especially gave me that one.”