67

Chapter 67 Hardships

“What the hell is going on? You’d better tell me the truth!”

Lamont had deliberately lowered his voice, but traces of anger could still be vaguely heard.

“What? Now it’s your turn to teach me a lesson?” Macey shook off his hand and snorted coldly. “Don’t forget, I am your mother. You’re not qualified to question me!”

“That’s good.” Lamont was no longer friendly. Instead, he kept a distance from Macey with a cold face. “I’m asking you as a shareholder of the company. Did you instruct someone to kidnap Gina?”

He actually said this to her.

“It has nothing to do with you. There’s no need to ask so much.”

Macey didn’t want to continue wasting time on him. She wanted to turn around and leave but was stopped by Lamont.

“Did you really do it?”

Based on her reaction just now, Lamont could almost confirm that the female artist was kidnapped by his mother.

Although he was also a mercenary, he was still shocked and puzzled by such behavior. After all, Gina was a living

person.

“I told you, what I do has nothing to do with you!”

Macey increased the strength on her arm, shook off Lamont, and entered the company on her own.

“Hey!”

Amelie also wanted to go in, but she was stopped by the security guard at the door.

Unable to communicate with Macey, Amelie could only target Lamont. “You two have discussed this for such a long time. Have you come up with a conclusion?”

However, the eyes of the man in front of her looked empty. He did not respond to her question at all.

After she asked him a few more times, she still did not get any answer.

“Forget it!” Amelie turned around and glanced at Belen. “Take a few people and surround Prosperity Global. Keep an eye on everything here at all times.”

“Okay.”

Belen nodded and went to find some people.

“Mr. Whitman, you’d better send someone to keep an eye on this building. If something happens, your position will be unstable!”

“Yes, Ms. Mullen, don’t worry. I will definitely give everyone justice.” Dave wiped the cold sweat on his face and could not help but complain in his heart, how could I meet such an unlucky thing? One of them is the richest in Oakland, and the other of them is the head of the Four Great Families. I could not afford to offend either.

Dave put his hand on his badge, and the golden olive branch felt like burning now.

If this matter was not handled well, he might as well scram.

The people around gradually dispersed, and Amelie also followed Rex, preparing to leave.

“I wonder how Gina’s parents are doing now.”

Chapter 67 Nardships

1/2

Get Bongs

Amelie lowered her head and walked forward, kicking the pebbles under her feet from time to time.

“Alright. You haven’t recovered yet. Don’t worry about other people.”

The wind was cold in the evening. Rex held Amelie a little tighter.