68

Chapter 68 Investigation

“Alright, you guys don’t have to worry about it. I will take care of my own body,”

Amelie took the glass and gulped down the milk.

“Alright.” Amelie wiped the corner of her mouth and stuffed the glass back into Tyler’s hands. “I’m going to the study room to investigate Gina. Without my permission, the four of you are not allowed to come in. Do you hear me?”

“Hey, have another bread.”

Daron went downstairs to pick up the bread. He heard Amelie’s cool voice mixed with the sound of the door closing.

“No need. I have no appetite before I find out the truth.”

The four brothers looked at each other and could only helplessly let her go.

As soon as she turned on the light, the smell of dust hit her face, causing Amelie to sneeze several times.

How long had it been since her study room had been opened?

Amelie fumbled to activate the computer device in the room. With a “ding” sound, the six big screens lit up at the

same time, and complicated codes rolled back and forth on them.

Sitting comfortably on the leather swivel chair, Amelie began to extract the IP of the electronic device that Gina used.

It turned out that Macey had invited Gina to visit Prosperity Global a week ago. From the surveillance video, it could be

seen that the communication between the two of them was not pleasant. Gina had proposed to leave several times, but

she was stopped by someone.

Until now, it seemed that there were no other problems.

However, the next moment, Gina, who went to the bathroom, returned to the conference room with an extremely unnatural expression.

“Ms. Barber? Are you alright? Are you feeling unwell?”

“It’s nothing.” Gina shook her head. And then she seemed to have made up her mind. She stood up from the sofa and rushed out of the conference room with her bag. “Sorry, I still have something to do. See you then.”

“Ms. Barber!”

A woman tried to stand up and chase after her, but she quickly gave up.

“Starry Sea Entertainment’s actress is so rude. She thinks she’s the one?” the woman muttered. Although no one could hear what she said, it was easy to infer that it was some dirty words from her expression.

Did Gina see anything during the time she went to the bathroom?

Soon, Macey brought two people to the conference room.

“Ms. Aylward, nice to see you here.”

The woman quickly stood up from the sofa, and her flattering face made Amelie want to vomit.

“Where is she?”

“She?” the woman was stunned for a moment, then she smiled and moved closer. “She’s such an arrogant girl and has been driven away by me.”

“She left?”

Chapter 68 Nvestigation

Get Bonus

Macey raised her voice, causing the woman to tremble in fear.

Macey

“You said you let her go?” Macey’s expression was dark as she went forward and gave the woman a slap. “Bastard! Didn’t I say that I had to keep her no matter what? Look at what you’ve done.”

It could be seen that Macey was very angry. There were many people around her, but no one dared to say anything.

The woman had a wronged expression on her face. She touched her red face, but she did not even dare to defend

herself.

“You are fired.”

Macey seemed to be unwilling to waste time here. She turned around and was about to leave, but the woman behind directly pounced on her and put her arms around Macey’s thigh.

“Ms. Aylward, you can’t be so cruel. I have been working, for you for more than ten years…”

It seemed that what happened next was nothing, important, and Amelie directly suspended the surveillance video of the conference room.

What she needed to find now was what Gina saw that could make Macey fire her employee.

Amelie searched the video bit by bit and finally saw Gina’s figure in the surveillance video in a corridor.

It seemed that Gina had already gone to the bathroom and was walking back.

At this time, when she passed by a room, she stopped for a moment.

Here was the problem.

Amelie zoomed in on the image to see the expression on Gina’s face.

Sure enough, in the beginning, she was just curious, but her expression gradually turned into disbelief.

Amelie quickly pulled out the internal plan of Prosperity Global’s building but unexpectedly found that this room did not appear on the plan, which meant that this conference room was temporarily added at later times.

But there was another question. There was no camera installed in this conference room. So she could not know what the people in the room were talking about.

The investigation was in a deadlock again, but at least it could be confirmed that Gina was kidnapped by Macey.

“Amelie? Amelie!”

“Huh?”

Amelie opened her eyes in a daze and found herself sleeping in the study.

Aaron looked at Amelie with a helpless expression. He took the hot towel to wipe her face.

“We saw that you were not here early in the morning and thought that you ran out in the middle of the night.” Aaron bent down and helped Amelie comb her hair. “No matter how hard it is, you have to rest for a while…”

“Aaron, can you do me a favor?”

Amelie narrowed her eyes, and she still felt sleepy.

“Amelie, did you listen to me?” Aaron tipped her head and sighed as if he was disappointed.

Unexpectedly, Amelie grabbed his arm like a cat and acted like a spoiled child. “Aaron, help me, okay?” Chapter 68 Navestigation

2/3

Get Bonus

“I really don’t know how to say no to you. How can I help you? Tell me,” Aaron asked helplessly.

“I knew it. You are the best!” Amelie covered her mouth and laughed secretly. “Can you help me investigate the Aylward family?”

“The Aylward family? Which Aylward family you are talking about?” Aaron had no idea.

“They are Willard and Macey.” Amelie was so anxious that she waved her hands in the air.

Last night, in a daze, she saw Macey and a fully armed man enter that conference room. Through the decoding and checking of Macey’s chat records, as well as the contrast in shape and walking characteristics, Amelie could almost confirm that the man was Macey’s biological brother, Willard.

“What’s wrong? What did the Aylward family do?”

Ever since the Aylward family fell to the end of the Four Great Families, they gradually kept a low key in the celebrities‘ world, and the Mullen family reduced their contact with them.

“I’m not too sure yet. In short, this matter concerns Gina. I want to treat it with caution.”

Amelie frowned, her little mouth pouting.

Originally, her father had instructed her to minimize contact with the Aylward family, but for Amelie, Aaron was willing to give it a try.

“Don’t worry. Leave it to me.”