122

Chapter 122 Mark Is Back

On the way back, Amelie insisted on sitting in the same car with Mark, which only made Amelie’s other five brothers even more envious.

When they went back home, Eden and Celia’s reaction upon seeing Mark was almost identical to Amelie’s.

Speaking of Mark, he was originally Rex’s twin brother, but it appeared that they did not want twins at all. Besides being born on the same day in the same month of the same year, they were only eight minutes apart in terms of birth.

Their physical appearances, personalities, and even temperaments were all distinct.

Of course, fate played a role in their differences.

Mark was sent to study abroad from a young age and became a top student with renown even across the seas. Upon graduating, he started his own business in Australia and completely broke away from the Mullen family’s control.

Moreover, the extent of his power should not be underestimated.

Unlike Amelie’s other brothers, Mark had achieved both professional and romantic success. He had a whirlwind romance and quickly married the woman he had fallen in love with after just three months.

It was rumored that Mark’s wife, who had never made an appearance before, was also from a powerful family in all of Australia.

Upon seeing their third son, Eden and Celia began talking about meeting their only daughter–in–law. That was probably the reason why Mark didn’t want to return home

before.

After all, in the Mullen family, men outnumbered women for all these years. Eden had wished that his sons would all get married, but apart from Mark, the other sons were all

disappointments.

“We all suspect that you are actually still unmarried. Otherwise, why did you never bring your wife back to see us? Could it be that she holds a prominent status and cannot easily make an appearance?”

“Indeed. No matter what, at least she should come to see our parents.”

Amelie cringed as her other brothers appeared to be resentful and mean to Mark, having lost their family’s status to Mark.

“You have no right to bring up Mark. You don’t even have a girlfriend. Don’t just hover around Amelie all day long.”

Celia, who stood beside Amelie, finally uttered something impartial. Amelie felt smug and laughed.

However, to be frank, Amelie was also very curious about her sister–in–law who never

showed up.

Nevertheless, Amelie could not disclose her curiosity. After all, the identity of Mark’s wife was indeed exceptional, and Amelie feared that if she was brought back by Mark, the power behind her would have a significant impact on Oakland.

After dinner, Eden dragged Mark into the study before he could even rest. Their conversation lasted until midnight. It also often happened to Amelie’s other brothers, and they would sometimes be summoned to the study by their father and could not

leave for the entire night.

Yet, Amelie’s other brothers remained inquisitive about what their father would talk

about with Mark.

“Maybe something occurred, so Mark suddenly returned this time!”

“What could have happened? It’s still peaceful and uneventful outside.”