100

Chapter 100 Fragments

“Let go of me!”

Macey struggled hard. Finally, she managed to break free and rushed forward with a large stride.

“I have evidence! Willard is the mastermind!”

“Mrs. Byron, if there is evidence, please show it to us. Otherwise, please don’t make a ruckus in a majestic place like the court!”

The judge rushed over after hearing the news and pointed at Macey angrily.

“Alright, I’ll find it for you right now!” Macey took out her phone from her handbag with a face full of resentment, trying to find the chat record between Willard and her.

Unfortunately, because of Willard’s intentional evasiveness, the chat records were completely untraceable. Other than the ambiguous conversation from before, there was no other evidence.

“This… This is the record of Willard asking my lover to send me the poison that day!”

Macey had no choice but to show the chat record to the person in front of her.

Willard took a closer look calmly and explained seriously, “Didn’t you ask me to send you some medical herbs a few days ago? You haven’t slept well recently, so your spleen. and stomach are weak. Macey, how can you forget it?”

“You’re lying!”

Macey’s eyes were red. “Willard, what are you trying to do?”

“What did I do? I’m helping you analyze the so–called evidence. If you can’t remember anything, just leave it to the police and the court. I think you are not in a good state to continue talking about it.”

Willard waved his hand and asked the bailiffs to pull Macey away, and he left with them.

Soon, the room that had just been crowded instantly quieted down, leaving only a few

people.

“Have you seen enough?”

Lamont had long noticed Amelie at the door and waved at her.

“Do you think Willard is innocent?”

Amelie asked and did not answer Lamont’s question.

“If he was innocent, I wouldn’t have to go through so much trouble now.” Lamont tidied up the documents slowly and put them into his briefcase. “It’s just that I don’t want to deal with him now. I’ll investigate further.”

Amelie made way and allowed Lamont to walk out of the room.

Willard cooperated with the bailiffs‘ investigation. After that, he returned to his villa on the outskirts of the city.

Apart from the housekeepers who occasionally came to clean the house, he was the only one who lived there.

Willard went to the study and sat on the swivel chair in relief, quietly staring at the

door.

He liked the feeling of sitting in the dark and thinking alone. This way, he could truly

relax.

After a while, Willard opened the drawer and took out an exquisite velvet box.

He opened it, and there was a pile of ceramic fragments inside.

It was the fragments of the enameled teapot that Macey had accidentally broken that

day.

Willard picked up one of the fragments and placed it in his palm. The uneven patterns