48

Chapter 48 Surprise

She had crossed his bottom line.

Lamont stared at the two smiling faces on his phone. His anger engulfed the remaining rationality.

A male model first and now a popular singer!

Amelie didn’t care about him at all, did she?

“Inform Prosperity Global to put pressure on Starry Sea Entertainment, especially that singer, Rohan

Lamont threw the weekly report into Hector’s arms and impatiently chased him out.

Not knowing the reasons, Hector did not dare to ask any questions and immediately went to pass on the message

Staring at the withered flowers on the table, Lamont recalled what had happened between them.

Before they divorced, what Amelie loved the most was sneaking into Lamont’s office every Monday, disguised as cleaning staff. She would then put some fresh flowers into the vase on his desk.

Although Lamont had warned her repeatedly against dressing as a cleaner and sneaking into his office, Amelie just didn’t listen. Over time, Lamont didn’t bother to tell her again.

Ever since she left, there had been no new flowers on the table. Now the petals withered and fell.

Lamont turned upset, threw all the flowers and the vase into the trash can, and finally felt better.

When he returned home in the evening, Amelie saw her four brothers and parents sitting on the sofa with serious

expressions in the living room. The atmosphere was very tense.

“What happened?”

She was not sure what was going on, but Amelie could still tell something must have happened.

“Are you seeing that man?” Sergio was the first to get impatient.

Seeing the photos of Amelie and Rohan, Sergio was so shocked that his jaw almost dropped. They had not seen each other for a long time. Why could there be rumors between them shortly after they met again?

“Please, he has a name, Sergio. Call him Rohan!”

“Don’t worry about me. Rohan and I are not dating.” Amelie sat obediently between the brothers.

“Don’t lie to us. When I first saw him, I asked if you had any feelings for him and you told me you didn’t. But now…” Despite what he said, Aaron didn’t oppose them being together. After all, Rohan was easier to control than Lamont and was more considerate of Amelie.

Tyler and Daron remained silent, but they were curious about their relationship.

“Alright, alright. Don’t look at me like that.” Amelie couldn’t stand being stared at by so many people. Even if she had not done anything wrong, she could not help but feel a bit guilty. “Let me tell you the truth. I did it on purpose.”

“What?”

Her words were like a time bomb, making her brothers even more nervous.

“Did Rohan threaten you?”

“Even if you want some publicity, why can’t you choose someone else? You are way out of his league.”

Chapter 48 Surprise

“Amelie, you didn’t take this matter seriously enough.”

The four of them chattered so much that Amelie could only turn to her father for help

Eden did not approve of their relationship, but he shushed his sons, not wanting to embarrass Amelie

Eden, who lived long enough to see through people easily, knew what was on others‘ minds. However, he could not figure out the youngest daughter at all.

“Amelie, don’t forget that you are pregnant. You will have a belly. How will those tabloids describe you? They will say you get pregnant before getting married.”

The warning worked.

Only then did Amelie realize that she should think for her baby as well. Other than Lamont and the Mullen family, no one knew about her pregnancy. Eden wanted her to keep it a secret.

Her baby was so considerate that it didn’t cause any discomfort for her other than the ordinary pregnancy reaction.

“It’s my fault. I intended to make the most of the opportunity to increase Rohan’s popularity…”

Amelie pouted and tugged at Eden’s sleeve. “But, I promise that I will be cautious and try my best to leave the public sight before my belly shows up.”

Seeing her lovable expression, the Mullens were no longer mad at her. Their frustration dissipated in an instant.

“By the way, I have been planning with Tyler and Daron for a long time. Now that everything is ready, I am going to

tell you.” Eden handed over the file he had been holding.

On the file was all the evidence of Leila plotting against Draven.

“How can it be!”

Staring at the file that carried a lot of weight, Amelie had not expected that it was her father who solved the problem

even if she spent so much time on it.

“Dad! You are amazing!”

Amelie cheered as she scampered to Eden, wrapping her arms around his neck and acting like a spoiled child. “You are so amazing. Such a surprise!”

Eden grinned as he took Amelie’s hand. He looked at Tyler and Daron amusingly. “Your brothers have done a great job. I’m too old to do the investigation.”

The family sat together and discussed the issue of taking Leila to court on the weekend. However, they did not know that the real Leila was on a plane, heading abroad.

“Lamont, auntie, and Dad. I will miss you.”

Leila waved goodbye, with a suitcase in her hands. Tears were brimming in her eyes. She was truly sad as she didn’t have any chance of being with Lamont in the short term. She didn’t know when she could come back and meet him, let alone get married.

“When you get there, take care of yourself. Don’t forget the treatment. Come back as soon as possible!” Willard held her hand tightly. Life was hard on Leila. She was missing for quite some time when she was little. Now Willard finally got her daughter back, Leila had to be sent abroad due to cancer.

Willard wasn’t young anymore. He just wanted Leila to marry Lamont so that he could get his fair share of Byron’s property. But things were truly unpredictable.

Get Bogos

Macey was depressed as well. She regarded Leila as a chess piece to overthrow the Byron family. Who would have thought that Leila would be so useless?

“Lamont, what about you? You will miss me too, right?” Leila stared at Lamont in earnest. She was still hoping to get his promise that he would marry her when she got back. But his mind was not on Leila at all. From the moment he arrived at the airport, he had been glued to his phone, reading the latest news about Amelie and Rohan.