107

Chapter 107 Escape

When he was lying on the bed just now, Rex thought that he was worried about Amelie and had a hallucination. It was not until he heard Daron’s inquiry and Jeff’s voice that he realized that it was real.

He rushed over and looked at Amelie, who lost so much weight, and his heart ached.

“Amelie?” Celia and Eden also hurried downstairs in their coats.

“Is it really Amelie?” Celia rushed forward, held Amelie’s hand, and murmured, “Amelie, you must have suffered.”

Jeff raised Amelie’s upper body and leaned it against himself, feeding her water bit by bit with the glass.

Soon, the Mullen family sat in the living room, and more than a dozen eyes were fixed

on Amelie.

Fortunately, after being fed some water, Amelie coughed. Her eyelashes trembled slightly, and finally, she opened her eyes.

“She’s awake!”

Celia let out a long breath and kept stroking her chest to calm herself down.

“Mom…”

“Why are you all looking at me?” Amelie’s voice was a little hoarse.

“You’ve been missing for three days! How can we not be anxious? You finally come back. Of course, we have to look at you for a long time.” Celia took the food that had just been heated and placed it in front of Amelie. “Look at you. You’ve lost so much weight.”

While Amelie was eating, Rex pulled Jeff away. “Who kidnapped her?”

Eden, Aaron, and Sergio also walked over with serious faces. Although they did not say anything, they all wanted to teach the mastermind a lesson.

“Willard,” Jeff calmly said this name. “I brought the kidnapper here. He is now in my

trunk.”

“Let’s go take a look!”

Rex was the first to move. His footsteps got faster and faster, and the rest of the people

followed.

However…

“I…”

Jeff stared at the opened trunk. There were obvious traces of destruction. It was already empty. There was no longer that terrifying man but a severed rope.

“Forget it, let’s go back and take a look at Amelie. Since he could kidnap Amelie without making a sound, it can’t be difficult for him to escape from the trunk.”

Aaron said and led everyone back to the villa.

On the other hand, Jeff regretted it in his heart. At that time, he should not have cared about Willard’s age. If not for the sake of keeping Willard alive, Jeff would have

electrocuted him.

After eating some food and drinking a few glasses of water, Amelie recovered a bit of her energy and was talking to Tyler, Daron, and Celia.

“Amelie, how have you been these two days? Did you suffer? Did that person do anything to you?” Rex hurried forward to ask.

Just as Amelie was about to answer, Celia stopped their conversation.

“That’s enough. Amelie just came back. It’s the middle of the night. Let her rest, and

we’ll talk about it tomorrow.”

“That’s reasonable.” Rex scratched the back of his head. “Amelie, don’t be afraid. If Willard dares to touch you again, I will chop off his hand!”

“Rex! What are you talking about? Willard doesn’t have the guts!” Celia was afraid that Amelie would be frightened again, so she glared at Rex.

However, Amelie did not care about these words.

She heard the word “Willard“.

Sure enough, it was him.

Amelie had a rough idea in her heart, but she planned to tell everyone tomorrow.

She held Celia’s hand like a spoiled child and shook it. “Mom, sleep beside me tonight.”

“OK.”

Celia agreed and looked at her daughter with loving eyes.

When they returned to the bedroom upstairs to rest, the guys all quieted down at the

same time.

All of them were thinking about the mastermind.

Willard was messing with the relationship between the Mullen and Aylward families.

There was no connection between the two families. They could not understand the reason why Willard was doing this.

“My car was parked at your gate just now. I didn’t feel any movement in the trunk on the way. I guess he broke the lock and escaped when I was at the gate.”

Jeff put forward his conjecture with a serious face.

Aaron instantly understood what he meant. He turned on the projection screen in the living room and switched it to the surveillance interface.

He checked the footage from about twenty minutes ago.

Jeff’s car rushed over from afar and stopped in front of the door.

Then, he knocked on the door and entered the room with Amelie in his arms.

As the butler closed the door, the mansion returned to peace.

But soon,

the trunk of Jeff’s car was opened.

A man crawled out from the inside, looking very weak. He staggered as he walked and

even fell.

But he never looked back, leaving only a silhouette to everyone.

“Daron, send someone to search around here! He is weak and can’t have run far.” Eden immediately gave an order.

“Okay.”

Daron did not waste any time and contacted the bodyguards.

After watching the surveillance footage, Aaron turned off the projection screen and everyone let out a sigh of relief.

It was late at night and everyone was tired after such a long time.

“Jeff, right?” Eden was the first to speak. At the same time, he stood up from the sofa. “Thank you for everything you have done for Amelie. You are the benefactor of our family.”

As he spoke, he bent down and bowed to Jeff.

Seeing this, Jeff stepped forward to hold Eden, and a gentlemanly smile appeared on his face. “Mr. Mullen, you don’t have to do this. Ms. Mullen and I were friends. Helping her is a small matter that is not worth mentioning.”

The few of them exchanged pleasantries for a while. Rex saw that Jeff was tired, so he invited him to stay in the villa.

Just as Jeff was about to refuse, he remembered Cynthia who stopped him a few hours ago. If he went back, he was afraid that he would have to endure her pestering and

chattering.

Thinking of this, Jeff agreed. After all, it was more than half an hour of drive from here to the apartment in the city center. He could meet Amelie a few more times here.

Eden ordered servants to clean up a guest room for Jeff to sleep in.

However, lying on the bed, Jeff could not fall asleep. The image of the man who lost half of his face was still lingering in his mind.