109

Chapter 109 Ambush

The matter of Amelie being kidnapped was quickly spread through all sorts of rumors. The news spread like wildfire. By the time Amelie went to work at the company, almost everyone knew about it.

She did not know what Jeff was trying to do to investigate this matter. In short, this method really caused a lot of trouble for Amelie.

She managed to avoid reporters and paparazzi and went to the company. When she arrived at the company entrance, she was surrounded by reporters who blocked the company entrance. Amelie took a deep breath. Sure enough, it was not good for her to leave the company. She had just come back, so why did she have to come to the company to work on her first day of return?

“Ms. Mullen, were you kidnapped because of the workplace competition or because of personal grudges?”

“Ms. Mullen, can you describe to us what the bad guys who kidnapped you did to you?”

These reporters had put in a lot of effort to get a headline and were cheeky. Amelie was so angry that she almost fainted from these unscrupulous questions.

“I’m sorry, everyone. I was lucky enough not to be tortured to death by the kidnappers. But today, I am going to be drowned by your saliva.”

Amelie was not the kind of weak lady who was easily bullied by others. She was vengeful and would not let these shameless reporters ruin her mood.

Sure enough, the face of the reporter who was blocking the way turned pale when he heard her words. However, Amelie was outnumbered. Many reporters rushed to ask her

questions.

The next reporter was even more ruthless. He held the big equipment that was as heavy

as he was and took photos of Amelie.

“Ms. Mullen, looking at the wounds on your body, I think that the bad guys must have

tortured you for a long time. But how did you adjust your state of mind in just one night? Is this a self–directed act behind the scenes to promote your company?”

His words were harsh.

Amelie even wanted to curse and hit him. But she forced herself to smile at the reporter in front of her coldly.

She took a step towards that person, and her tone became even stiffer.

“I’m beautiful enough to withstand any angle of shooting. If you don’t have any topics to write about, I don’t mind bringing a few friends to your newspaper office to take photos!”

“Ms. Mullen has a lot of things to do every day. I don’t believe that anyone will be so insensible as to block Ms. Mullen’s way!”

This voice made people tremble. Amelie had not heard this familiar voice for a long time. But she still found it as annoying as ever.

The person who helped Amelie out was Lamont.

the bad guys

“Everyone, Ms. Mullen has just been bullied by lawbreakers. Right now, the bad are escaping from punishment and have yet to be severely punished. What you should do is find out all the information about the bad guys, instead of targeting a weak

woman!”

Everyone would respect Lamont, not to mention the reporters. If they provoked Lamont, they would face more terrible consequences than being banned.

With Lamont’s words, not only could they not get any gossip from Amelie today, but all the news about Amelie being kidnapped could not be released. Otherwise, they would be going against the Byron family.