46

Chapter 46 Compromise

“Sigh, what could have happened to me? You’re in trouble.”

They? What could have happened to them?

When everyone was puzzled, Rohan was the first to see through her thoughts.

“Sylvia and I will quit. Let Luciana and Akira go.”

“Don’t call Akira by her first name. You two aren’t that close.” Luciana glanced at him with dissatisfaction but waS interrupted by Sylvia.

“Quit? Why quit? Ms. Mullen, please speak.”

After she said this, the others realized the key to the problem.

Amelie sighed and told him the truth about what Mckenna told him yesterday. “I’ve just learned that Prosperity Global knew about the show in Oakland somehow and also wanted to join it.”

“So…” Sylvia’s expression darkened..

“Exactly.” Amelie also felt bad. “Prosperity Global requires adding an opening show through the connection of the Aylward family. Ms. Longfellow has to make a compromise and give away the quota in her hands. Now, we have only one quota for the show.”

As soon as he finished speaking, the office suddenly fell into silence.

Everyone could tell that since Amelie took over Starry Sea Entertainment, the company had looked good. Whoever was in the limelight now would have greater potential in the future and be able to obtain more opportunities and resources

for development.

After several people were stunned for a moment, Akira pulled Luciana’s hand and whispered, “Luciana and I will quit. Thanks to the talent show held the other day, we two have gained a certain reputation. Besides… That time, if it weren’t for Rohan’s health problem, he would have won the championship in the talent show.”

Although it could be seen that Luciana was not very happy, he could only nod silently for the sake of Akira.

Amelie looked at the remaining two people. Rohan had shown his attitude. He did not care much about this performance. Although Sylvia did not say anything, clearly, she didn’t want to give up this good opportunity.

Amelie sighed and announced her decision.

“I won’t let you quit randomly. Just continue practicing as always. One week before the performance, I’ll let you have a small contest within Starry Sea Entertainment so that you can show your performance to everyone. All of us will decide who will perform in the end, OK?”

The four people looked at each other and nodded in agreement.

Amelie breathed a sigh of relief. “All of you must practice carefully. I will check your progress from time to time. More importantly, I hope that you can understand that whoever performs will represent Starry Sea Entertainment. As to those who don’t, I’ll mark down their efforts too. Rest assured. Starry Sea Entertainment will get better and have a bigger voice.”

Every word was uttered clearly and loudly.

For some reason, what Amelie said could always make the listeners willing to believe it unconditionally.

“Rohan, you stay.”

After that, Amelie waved her hand and let the others leave first.

Shortly, only the two of them were left in the office.

Amelie did not speak She asked Rohan to sit down and then stood quietly in front of the floor to ceiling window, watching the scene downstairs.

Rohan did not say a word, but stared at the side of her face, lost in thought.

At this moment, it was not noon. The sunlight just happened to fall on Amelie’s face through the floor to ceiling window, outlining her contour. The fine hair was also coated with a layer of golden light at this time. Even a few strands of hair on her hair appeared quite gentle.

“Rohan.”

The ethereal voice seemed to come from afar.

“Huh?”

“Why are you not willing to cooperate with Sylvia? I really think she is an excellent girl.”

“I didn’t…”

Amelie didn’t give her a chance to refute. “Don’t deny it. Did you consider her feelings when you directly proposed to quit the performance with Sylvia? No matter what you thought, you could’ve talked to me in private rather than

embarrass her in front of Luciana and Akira.”

As she spoke, she turned her head and met Rohan’s eyes in midair.

It was impossible for her not to understand what his eyes meant.

His eyes were filled with massive affection and complicated feelings, which seemed to melt her entirely.

“Rohan…”

Amelie coughed twice uncomfortably and returned to her leather chair on her high heels, and sat down..

“What?”

Rohan finally came to his senses. “Well, it’s not that I don’t want to cooperate with her. I just… You know, I don’t like to get too close to people I don’t know.”

This was indeed true. After being in Starry Sea Entertainment for so many years, even many artists in the company could not hang out with him. His assistant, Katrina, was also his cousin.

If not for his strong abilities, Rohan might not have been able to survive in Starry Sea Entertainment.

“Rohan, you can’t stay in your comfort zone all the time. You really need to change.” Amelie looked at him seriously, saying with an imploring tone, “Just take it as an order from me. For three months, try to cooperate with Sylvia.”

After a long time, Rohan finally compromised.

“Alright, three months then. I will try to get along with her. But if I am still dissatisfied in three months, I will still insist on doing solo in the future.”

“That’s right!”

Amelie smiled and let Rohan go out.

As for lunch, Emilee brought a nutritious lunch made by the nanny of the Mullen family.

It was said that the nutritious lunch was made by the nutritionist hired from abroad by the Mullen family, which

could well maintain the balance of nutrients and bacteria in a pregnant woman..

“Look at you. You have six brothers who dote on you. What else is there to worry about? If I were you, I would just lie

flat.” Emilee drank the thick white fish soup while playing with her phone.

These delicacies that ordinary people could hardly eat were very common in Amelie’s eyes.

“We’ve been friends for so many years. Am I the kind of person who will just lie flat? Alas, now that I think about it, I was ruined by the last relationship for five years. Five years! It was all wasted on that man. I feel so regretful.”

Amelie carefully put on the hand mask for herself before she began to eat.

Before she could finish a whole pie, Emilee excitedly raised her phone and placed it in front of her.

“Look at this!”

“What… The new president of Starry Sea Entertainment and the artist, Rohan…”

Amelie almost spat out the pie in her mouth.

“What is this? Why is there a scandal about me and Rohan? Which unscrupulous media wrote this report? I will report the media now!”

Emilee’s mobile phone showed a picture. It was a photo of her chatting with Rohan during dinner on the night of the

finals!