51

Chapter 51 Coming to an End

Willard could only suck it up as he was used to his sister’s ill temper.

The court was declared open.

There were not many people in the huge courtroom, and most of them were people of the Mullen family, the Byron family, and the Aylward family.

Amelie sat in the plaintiff’s seat and looked at Leila, who was sitting, far away on the opposite side. She was curious why Leila was so calm today.

“This is all the evidence. Defendant, what do you plead?”

“I plead guilty. I am willing to accept all the accusations and punishment,” Leila said in a faint voice, but it sounded so unreal in Amelie’s ears.

She exchanged a look with Tyler and Daron, and the three of them sensed that something was wrong.

In her last trial, Leila did not submit as she did now. How could she become a different person in just a few days?

“Your honor, may I approach and speak a few words with the defendant?”

The judge agreed as expected, but it was obvious that Macey and Willard became much more nervous.

“There should be no problem, right?” Macey lightly bumped Willard on the shoulder and asked in a very soft voice.

Willard’s heart was also thumping. Although it was a cool autumn day, there was already a thin layer of sweat on his forehead.

“Leila” looked at Amelie walk over step by step, and the expression on her face became angry. “What’s wrong? Are you satisfied now that you’ve trampled all over me?”

Amelie did not say anything, only comparing the face in her memory to the woman in front of her.

Even the mole on her face was exactly the same, but the identical face and figure just gave people a completely

different vibe.

However, Amelie really could not tell what exactly was wrong.

“Hey! Have you seen enough?” Leila rolled her eyes and turned her face to the side.

The people in the courtroom looked at each other, not knowing what Amelie was doing.

“Excuse me, Ms. Mullen, is there a problem?” The judge looked at Amelie in confusion.

“Uh… No.” Amelie shook her head and returned to her seat.

“Well, the verdict of the case is as follows…”

For some reason, Amelie didn’t feel as happy as she thought, but it was definitely not because she suddenly felt sorry

for Leila, but because of her keen intuition as a woman.

“Didn’t father say that Lamont Byron would be here? Why didn’t I see him?” Tyler looked around and asked Daron.

“I don’t know. Maybe something came up. But he doesn’t care much about Leila anyway.” Daron shrugged. It didn’t

matter whether Lamont came or not as long as they could vindicate Amelie.

Seeing that this had finally come to an end, Macey and Willard finally felt relieved.

“Amelie, why don’t you look very happy?”

Chapter 51 Soming to an End

Daron keenly noticed that Amelie seemet hore upset than when she just arrived

The return of the disguised princessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara